General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2007 Accord 2.4L Radio/AC display no power

Old 01-09-2019, 01:40 AM
Default 2007 Accord 2.4L Radio/AC display no power

I have an aftermarket radio installed under the stock radio display, which I still use for the AC control. Tonight I turned my car on and neither the ac control display or my radio got any power. I could still turn on the ac but nothing showed on the screen. Everything is completely dark. The radio does not work at all. All the essential electronics like hazard lights and everything still work. It’s just the ac/radio display. This has happened before but only for a couple minutes. It seems, however, it’s not going to fix itself this time. Any tips?

Old 01-10-2019, 01:39 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Cannot provide any specific tips, others probably have better knowledge. But in general, it's usually a matter of ruling out possible causes, and you will be left with the cause of the problem. For example (if applicable here), can we rule out the fuses, are they OK? You need a good circuit diagram and a voltmeter. Figure out which circuit the device is on and test the circuit. Track down the voltage, see if it fails somewhere, and test any parts that can be tested. At some point, you may need to try replacing a part to see if the part itself is malfunctioning. To clarify, the aftermarket radio works perfectly, but the stock radio with the AC control included does not power up? Is there some component between the fuse and the stock radio?