Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   98 Accord Electrical Gremlins (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/98-accord-electrical-gremlins-12377/)

dsgammo 09-10-2007 09:31 AM

98 Accord Electrical Gremlins

Hi all. Shane here and posting for first time. I was having an issue on my 98 Accord 4dr LX that I was hoping someone could perhaps help me out with. Recently, I noticed that my power door locks stopped working. Doesn't matter which side you try to lock them from, they are inop. I also noticed that I can no longer operate the passenger side power windows from the driver side master panel. These windows can still be operated from the respective door, but I can not roll them up/down from the driver seat. I can, however, operate the driver window and the driver side rear window.

All of this came at once. Nothing to indicate a problem leading up to it. Suggestions!?

sir_nasty 09-10-2007 11:00 AM

RE: 98 Accord Electrical Gremlins

Did you check all of your fuse banks? If the passenger side window works from the passenger switch and not the drivers switch I'd suspect that the switch is your problem (test it with a volt meter). The door lock issue sounds like a fuse to me...

Chiovnidca 09-10-2007 04:58 PM

Turn the ignition switch off, turn teh intermittent wiper dial to the midle position. does that help?

dsgammo 09-11-2007 02:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Chiovnidca

Turn the ignition switch off, turn teh intermittent wiper dial to the midle position. does that help?
Dude! WTF!? Yeah, that did work. You want to explain to me why!? Great advise.

00AccordLX5spd 09-11-2007 02:54 PM

Haha! I've seen him suggest that to people before and the reaction is always the same if it works. He's a Honda Tech. I think it has something to do with resetting electricals in the car or something like that.

dsgammo 09-11-2007 03:48 PM

I was thinking it was someone just f%&$ing with me but thought, "what the hell?" Lo and behold.... It actually worked.

jmyler 09-11-2007 03:52 PM

SAME exact thing happened to me and he suggested that to me, i laughed my butt off thought he was jerkin my chain and didn't even try it. I was riding down the road one day and thinking, can't hurt right... so i did it and it worked, i got a good chuckle to myself for thinking he was crazy.

Chiovnidca 09-11-2007 05:20 PM

ORIGINAL: dsgammo

ORIGINAL: Chiovnidca

Dude! WTF!? Yeah, that did work. You want to explain to me why!? Great advise.
Sometimes the multiplex system will get stuck in low power mode. That's how you wake the system up. Seen dozens of em, you listed the classic symptoms.

deserthonda 09-11-2007 05:24 PM

Lets hear it for Chio THE STUD ,,,[sm=groupwave.gif]

[sm=icon_cheers.gif] [sm=americanasmiley.gif]