Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   ATTN: 00AccordLX5spd! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/attn-00accordlx5spd-15077/)

RoKnAzn 01-02-2008 02:43 PM

ATTN: 00AccordLX5spd!

I am in back in the Jackson Area and was wondering where is a good place to take my Accord for a Clutch Replacement? Honda Certified....I already ordered the Exedy Stage 1 Clutch. I was thinking about taking it to Carshop Inc. in Ridgeland.

Thanks
Anthony

00AccordLX5spd 01-02-2008 02:56 PM

RE: ATTN: 00AccordLX5spd!

Carshop is where I get my work done that I can't DIY. They are a good shop and not too expensive either.
Haha...they even sent me a Christmas card this year!
Just call ahead and tell them when you plan on bringing it in.

RoKnAzn 01-02-2008 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

Carshop is where I get my work done that I can't DIY. They are a good shop and not too expensive either.
Haha...they even sent me a Christmas card this year!
Just call ahead and tell them when you plan on bringing it in.
Hehe...that is good to hear! :D They Quoted me $550 for Labor, 1 OEM Rear Main Seal and 3 Quarts of Tranny Fuilds. BTW Should, I be replacing my Master andSlaveCylinderwhile its in the Shop? Resurface or New Flywheel? Plus, my Odometter is broken..Do they fix that?

00AccordLX5spd 01-02-2008 03:39 PM

I'd probably spring for a new flywheel while they are going to be in there anyway. The master and slave cylinders I wouldn't think would need replacement unless they are leaking. Plus they are not as difficult to access.
$550 doesn't sound too bad to me considering they have to take the transmission out of the car to do the work.
I don't know if they fix odometers or not. You could ask them while it is in there if they can fix it. Let me know if they do cause the speedo in my 95 is acting crazy and I fear it is on its last legs.

RoKnAzn 01-02-2008 03:58 PM

I know u can replace the Master without pulling the tranny but not sure about the slave on the Honda.....CarShop Inc. said that they are going to resurface the flywheel....I dont need to 8.8 lbs flywheel or anything... I just want to be safe then sorry...That is all...

Thanks
Anthony

falkore24 01-02-2008 04:35 PM

LOL .... called out!!!

00AccordLX5spd 01-02-2008 05:00 PM

It's cause I'm super cool[sm=pimp.gif]

HondatechAV6 01-02-2008 07:19 PM

hehe...

i'd recommend a new flywheel. there is a lot of heat going on around there, the thinner you make the flywheel the better chance it will warp. and if the tech cuts the disc wrong it will wobble and chatter, and guess what? out comes the tranny again. you should go ahead and replace it so you don't have to worry.

RoKnAzn 01-04-2008 02:46 PM

Well, The Exedy Stage 1 Clutch Kit came in today...;D So, I called up CarShop Inc. and Schedule Monday to get this fixed. They say it will take 1 day to get it done....(Im so happy! :D) They are going to check my master/slave and flywheel to see what needs to be done..:P I will keep you guys posted.....

Thanks
Anthony

smaglik 01-05-2008 09:36 AM

sounds like a good number for a clutch job...