General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Dexron III?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 05:19 PM
95exr
Unregistered
Default Dexron III?

Hi Folks,
I recently went to Mr.Lube and had my oil changed with Mobil 1 synthetic they also drained my tranny fluid and put in Dexron III .....is this stuff ok or should I be concerned?
Also my ABS light just came on this week and remains on after about 30 seconds of driving.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sean

Old 06-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Dexron III?

Honda ATF only. Honda states you can use it in a pinchbut it should be replaced with Honda fluid at soon as possible

Old 06-11-2006, 06:40 PM

honda fluid only. get that other stuff out of there immediately. i mean dont even drive it to the shop, get it towed.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: 95exr

Hi Folks,
I recently went to Mr.Lube and had my oil changed with Mobil 1 synthetic they also drained my tranny fluid and put in Dexron III .....is this stuff ok or should I be concerned?
Also my ABS light just came on this week and remains on after about 30 seconds of driving.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sean

since it is on the sig , the year and model i have to assume going by your name that the car is a 95 accord...........
Although i agree with Yeu and Light ,, that it is better for the tranny to have honda flud ATF-Z1 it is also ok to have Dextrom III ,, no need to panic, it IS NOT going to do any damage,, However i would go with honda ATF-Z1 on the next fluid change ..

And lightshow my friend ( have the car towed ) ?? .... Honda says the using a non honda fluid CAN AFFECT shifting quality ) but even they say that using DEXRON III is OK..

Old 06-11-2006, 10:31 PM
95exr
Unregistered

Ok Guys thanks for the info.
deserthonda yes you are correct my username is current. I will switch to the Honda stuff next time I change the fluid.....hopefully the Dexron III will be ok. Any ideas on the ABS light?

Old 06-11-2006, 10:37 PM

you will need to jump the sc ( service connector ) located under the glove box, blue plug, 2 wires going to it,, than put the ignit key on and count the # of flashes on the dash instrument cluster,,

it might have 1 blink,, slight pause 2 blinks ,, that's code 1-2

if 1 blink, longer pause 1 blink it is just code 1 ..

but before i can tell you what is going on i need to know the abs code ..

Please input year and model on your sig so everyone who tries to help does not have to ask you .....

Old 06-11-2006, 10:56 PM
95exr
Unregistered

Thanks deserthonda.......I will post back here once I complete that task.
Much appreciated......and my sig has been updated as well.