Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   bosh platinums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/bosh-platinums-7979/)

joninja 03-04-2007 07:25 PM

bosh platinums

oe plugs are they better for the car or bosh plat.

RTexasF 03-04-2007 07:34 PM

RE: bosh platinums

Stick with OEM period!

drummer1279 03-04-2007 07:38 PM

DO NOT use Bosch plugs period, they do not mix with honda at all. they can cause electrical gremlins.

joninja 03-05-2007 03:21 AM

thanks for the advice

sir_nasty 03-05-2007 08:14 PM

Stay with NGK

WheelBrokerAng 03-06-2007 01:30 AM

I suggest NGK or it's brother Nippondenso's..seem to be the best 2 plugs out their for the japaneese imports...

WheelBrokerAng ;)

deserthonda 03-06-2007 01:44 AM

you got a lot of posts opened up.........how about inputting the year and model in your signature so we DO NOT have to ask everrytime you got a question ..

joninja 03-06-2007 01:46 PM

again i apolofize to the GREAT ONE i just cant do anything right by you. personally. ] thank you to everyone that has provided their knowledge and experience, i really do appreciate all the time youve taken to help someone like me with no experience. the reason i dont have a signature desert honda is because like you said we dont have alot of time to be here with the bay , the babys momma, and the job, i just post questions, but i always input the car info in the question. and i am not a computer person, im surprised i even found this site.

sir_nasty 03-06-2007 02:23 PM

We're not trying to bust your chops on it. We're just into helping people more quickly so when you have that info in every post it makes life easier. We appreciate you coming on here and inputting your suggestions and advice since that's how forums thrive. If you have a chance just click on "My Profile" at the top (the blue links) then scroll down a little bit and you'll see a box that says "Signature" just input the information in there whenever you get a chance....

juanortanez031278 03-07-2007 12:50 AM

yah your rude!

juanortanez031278 03-07-2007 12:56 AM

YAH! your name fits your personallity

mrmookie123 03-07-2007 01:49 AM

Joninja, After you sign in to the Honda Accord site, go up and click on the "My Profile" link. This will bring up a page where you can customize things. Scroll down to you get to SIGNATURE... Whatever you place in there will show up at the bottom of all of your posts. deserthonda asks everyone to do this so that helping someone with a question is a little easier if the guys on here know what year, model etc that you have. Hope this helps.

19Accord97 03-07-2007 02:33 AM

Yup, just stick with NGK. Good stuff right there.

I agree, he wasnt trying to be rude, he is just tired of asking the same question over and over again. Hes trying to help people out and its easier and quicker if he already knows the info beforehand. Plus, the guys who provide the most help prefer that you post your question/problems/solutions in the forums so that everyone can see, and hopefully it may help someone else out. Besides, this forum is free and helpful. We're still glad you are here and hope you will stick with us.

deserthonda 03-07-2007 04:23 AM

ORIGINAL: joninja

again i apolofize to the GREAT ONE i just cant do anything right by you. personally. ] thank you to everyone that has provided their knowledge and experience, i really do appreciate all the time youve taken to help someone like me with no experience. the reason i dont have a signature desert honda is because like you said we dont have alot of time to be here with the bay , the babys momma, and the job, i just post questions, but i always input the car info in the question. and i am not a computer person, im surprised i even found this site.
# 1 cut the crap.......nice asses i like ,,, smart asses i do not ..
......and it is not a question that you cannot do anything right for me.. so don't even go there ,,
you have opened up 7 posts,, 5 in general tech and 1 in new member and 1 pm to me .. I was merely stating that you do not need to open up so many posts , it takes a lot of extra space,, and the question you asked on the new member post ,,( go back and read my reply ),, i told you that you were impatient that we all have other jobs to do and not wait around here to answer your question asap..questions will get answered as soon as we can , so there is no need to remind us that your question has not been answered yet, need to be a bit patient ,,i know that everybody wants an answer immediately but at times that does not happen .
as for your pm to me.. i noticed that RTEXAS helped you on the question so there was no need for me to reply ,, and again just because you pm me that does not mean that i am obligated to reply to you either .I will do it because i am here and like to help our members ,, but not if you are pushy..like i said we do not get paid for this
go up and read ( members and pm ) ..do you have any clue how many pms and e-mail i get that ask for help ?????? I did not think so ..
and the last thing,,,, i would like for every members to input year and model .. i ask that of everyone not just you,, and it is not to bust anybody's chops ,,
you got no clue how many times we have to ask members over and over ( what year and model) ,,
So i ask of everybody to input it in the signature ,,,,,,,if it is not there i will not ask nor help any longer

Any questions ??

YO Joninja , this reply was written before i read your pm to me and replied to it
.........but i wanted other members to read and understand to be patient when asking questions.
all is cool ..;)

muibu 03-07-2007 12:57 PM

Does it matter if I pick upNGK's at auto parts store or are they different from the NGK's at Honda dealer? Also, if it is worth it to pay $9.99 for a Laser Platinum or just get the basic $1.99 V-power ones?

(I was looking at Advance Auto Parts online)

sir_nasty 03-07-2007 01:20 PM

Nah, stick with the v-power ones unless you've got a some upgrades and stuff....

RTexasF 03-07-2007 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: joninja

We've all been patient with you and that has now ended with me. I was VERY nice in my explanation of your "no answers" post and took the time to answer your questions in detail. You said you have few computer skills and obviously FAR LESS people skills. Here it is in a nutshell kid: Be civil to your fellow members or go away. At this point I don't care which because you have pulled my trigger and that takes some effort. I willnot help you in the future and you'll soon find that all of your posts will go unanswered if you keep this smart mouth crap up. Disrepect to members here will not be tolerated, especially coming from a smart ass. I'm done with you, good luck.

deserthonda 03-07-2007 09:47 PM

I would go with stock NGK plug ZFR5F-11.. you can call to see if a store other than Honda dealer sells them and compare prices,, I have found that i can buy them at almost $ 1.50
cheaper per plug at a local import parts store ( same plugs ).. and when you buy by the hundreds it is a pretty good saving ..

muibu 03-08-2007 02:36 AM

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

I have found that i can buy them at almost $ 1.50
cheaper per plug at a local import parts store ( same plugs ).. and when you buy by the hundreds it is a pretty good saving ..
Unless I go fishing alot and use them as sinkers, I don't think I'll need that much; even at that, they're expensive sinkers[8D]

Good to hear that the cheapest plugs works just as good. I always thought the more expensive you spend, the better the result....I guess in some cases....

deserthonda 03-08-2007 03:45 AM

ORIGINAL: muibu

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

I have found that i can buy them at almost $ 1.50
Unless I go fishing alot and use them as sinkers, I don't think I'll need that much; even at that, they're expensive sinkers[8D]

Good to hear that the cheapest plugs works just as good. I always thought the more expensive you spend, the better the result....I guess in some cases....

lol lol .. I was talking about me ,, i own a shop , we specialize on Hondas and Acuras ,, so i have to buy in quantity ,, we do a lot of work

RTexasF 03-11-2007 11:04 AM

joninja has apologized both to me and DH. I figure that if someone is man enough to admit a wrong then I'll be man enough to forgive him. I'll gladly continue to help joninja in areas where I can offer it.

Rick

deserthonda 03-11-2007 12:47 PM

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

joninja has apologized both to me and DH. I figure that if someone is man enough to admit a wrong then I'll be man enough to forgive him. I'll gladly continue to help joninja in areas where I can offer it.

Rick
he was afraid that you might not , but i told him that you are a good man , and i was sure that you would continue to offer him your help ,,,, Thanks for putting what ever happened to rest :)