Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   A/C blowing hot air (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/c-blowing-hot-air-63481/)

acwoods21 06-20-2016 12:18 AM

A/C blowing hot air

2004 Honda Accord V6 LX automatic, New to the forum and needing help with my ac. I have replace the ac compressor myself(first mistake) along with doing the know steps like vacuumed the refrigerant and all that at a friends auto shop. I have check all the relays and fuses and there all good. I've check voltage to the multiple points and all are good. At the compressor there is a single wire plug running to it and there is no voltage there( not sure if it should have voltage either). Tried to do a jump on the ac pressure switch that's near the fans but nothing happened. The blower works fine and all interior switches seem to be good as well, it's just blowing hot air no matter what. It does not sometimes blow cold like if it was low on freon or something. Also I can't find the high and low pressure switches, I've been researching and found they may be behind the glovebox. Is this true? Looking for advice and possibly someone that's had this situation. Texas is hot and not fun without ac. Thanks

djkurious 06-20-2016 10:34 AM

Year?

acwoods21 06-20-2016 01:50 PM

It's a 2004 Honda Accord v6 LX automatic. Just seen that I needed to put this in my signature. Sorry about that

cj1 06-20-2016 02:38 PM

Start from where there was no voltage and following the schematic back to clutch relay etc. BBBind.com should have a diagram.

You could jump the clutch relay to see if compressor runs.

Celicool 06-20-2016 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by acwoods21 (Post 369714)
2004 Honda Accord V6 LX automatic, New to the forum and needing help with my ac. I have replace the ac compressor myself(first mistake) along with doing the know steps like vacuumed the refrigerant and all that at a friends auto shop. I have check all the relays and fuses and there all good. I've check voltage to the multiple points and all are good.

What did the car do before you start your A/C maintenance? Did the car AC suddenly stop being cold one day? did you install new sound/alarm system in your vehicle? Did you do anything under the dashboard at all? give us some history. Did you replace your drier also?

JimBlake 06-20-2016 03:55 PM

When you vacuumed the system, did you close it up & see if it holds vacuum (checking for leaks)? No offense, but I'm just trying not to take anything for granted.

acwoods21 06-20-2016 05:01 PM

Ok just re checked the wire to the compressor. In the day time where I could see. The wire to the compressor is hot with 12v. So I'll be pulling the compressor. What should I look for in the compressor? It's new