Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Camber 1 degree out 98 Accord (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/camber-1-degree-out-98-accord-6886/)

Smokey 01-08-2007 07:08 AM

Camber 1 degree out 98 Accord

Hi Guys

A while ago i posted regarding wear on the outside of the near side rear tyre. The alignmet had been checked but as most of the replys suggested that, i whent some where else. This time i was able to watch what was beeing done and talk to them while they were doing it. So it turns out that the wheel is 1 degree offcamber causing thepull to the left and tyre wear. They tried to adjust this out but were unable to improve it. They have suggested that something is bent. So my question now is what bits do i start to replace and what sort of money am i looking at.Are second hand parts a viable option?? The car has just clocked one hundred thousand miles at this point and has been perfect until now.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Steve

hondadude 01-08-2007 08:54 PM

RE: Camber 1 degree out 98 Accord

Is the camber negative or positive?

Smokey 01-09-2007 06:48 AM

Hi HondaDude,, Not sure if they mentioned which one. If there is no adjustment on the camber and the camber is out would it leave any option other than to change parts??

sir_nasty 01-09-2007 02:08 PM

Knowing if it's a pos. or neg. camber would probably give him a better idea of what parts to check. Do you have a stock suspension and rims/tires?

hondadude 01-09-2007 10:20 PM

Best I could do at this point; went snooping around 'Oreilly Auto parts website.
'MOOG' rear camber link kit P/N K90204 Fits 98 accord LX 4 door; allows for adjustments of negative 1.5 degree thru positive 3 degree.
Call around the local parts houses and ask for the REAR CAMBER LINK kit made by MOOG.

Smokey 01-10-2007 07:54 AM

Sir nasty, the whole car is stock. Would this camber problem account for the pull to the left as well?? I might be getting paranoid but the steering feels funny and the steering wheel will turn to the left when moving forward at 1-2 mph. Also i have noticed that when on full left lock in reverse the steering does not try to return to center just stays full lock. Is that normal??
Honda dude. I'll start checking around now.

Thanks for your help so far guys.

deserthonda 01-10-2007 11:29 AM

outside wear on a tire is positive camber,,,,top of tire tilting outward causing wear on outside threads . Also as you say if it is the rear tire it should not affect a pull as much as you say.
are all the tires ok ??
to reposition camber to specs you do have to replace componets or as Dude suggested and a cheaper way, install a camber kit on the rear but i stil feel you got some other issues with the frt end
post the alignment results here if you have them let me read them
and 1 more thing,, on our DIY section there is a write up on understanding alignment.. take a look and read up on it

mamarotta 05-02-2007 01:01 PM

its the ball joints...all they have to be is alitbit