General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Check engine light

Old 01-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Default Check engine light

Hello all... i noticed friday i was overheating so i pulled over and towed my car home... when i got home i checked it out and found out i was leakin a lil antifreeze out of my upper hose... so i fixed the leak and put more fluid in and reset my ecu and my check engine light is still on... anyone know how to get it to go off?

Old 01-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Check engine light

Do you know WHAT YEAR the car is?
What code is being stored in the ECU?

Old 01-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

This post was made by a REAL Hondadude, not some wanna be Honda_Dude

they say that trying to duplicate someone else , is the greatest compliment

Ehy look at all the people that copy Elvis ..

Old 01-28-2007, 10:20 PM

It's amazing to me that people post stuff like that and expect everyone reading it to be psychic regarding year, model, engine, transmission type, etc. I'm not picking on this person.......just one of many"help me" posts with zero information. I Know HD & DH get tired of asking the same questions over and over.

No information=No help!!!

Old 01-28-2007, 10:51 PM

thats why I chose the most dorky SN possible so noone would want to copy it hehehe.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:02 PM

My bad... The car is a 97 SE 2 door F22b2 Automatic... And how do i know what code is being stored in the ECU??? The engine light never came on before it overheated Friday... I fixed the leak i figured it would go off when i reset the ECU... any help would be much appreciated.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:18 AM

First you could go to Autozone and they will give you a free print out of the problem code. If you think it just because of the leak then just simply disconnect your battery. Wait a little before reconnecting it then start your car up and let it run for some time. Disconnecting the battery has worked for me. I do know that there are other methods that I'm sure that Desert honda could tell you about. Also you should maybe do a search in the forum because the check engine light issues come up a lot here. Hope this helps. Breeze

Old 01-29-2007, 02:16 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if you take a few minutes to go to our DIY section,, you will find on How to clear the ECU...
anyho, clear it, drive the car as you normally do,, if code comes up again, like Breeze said, go to Autozone and have them read the code and then post it here

Also you might want to input the year and model on your signature , so it will always be there should you need future help