Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   clutch engagement (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/clutch-engagement-3228/)

416communter 05-21-2006 12:47 PM

clutch engagement

Hello all:

My clutch pedal engages closer to the floor after a hard acceleration. ie, revs above 4000, and at least 3/4 throttle, after two shifts like this, the clutch engages in the bottom 1/4 of its travel, as opposed to in the middle. Really annoying. After a couple of "easy" shifts, it goes away, and behaves normally.

I've thought of the automatic adjuster, and perhaps (although this seems a little out there) a bulge in the hydraulic hose that actuates the clutch.

Any ideas out there? Anybody else have this issue?

Thanks for any help.

deserthonda 05-21-2006 05:37 PM

RE: clutch engagement

how many miles on the car ?? if less than 36k ,, take it to the dealer it is under warranty

416communter 05-22-2006 11:58 AM

Hi,
It's got 60k (km), and it's a 04 coupe, v6 manual, 6 speed. (that part was in the post at the bottom)

416communter 05-22-2006 12:00 PM

I took it to the dealer, they said it felt "normal", but changed out the clutch fluid anyway. I don't think it's normal, and it's driving me nuts.

416communter 05-22-2006 12:07 PM

sorry, deserthonda, I just realised that is your signature line. I thought you had missed MY signature line.

deserthonda 05-22-2006 12:08 PM

ORIGINAL: 416communter

Hi,
It's got 60k (km), and it's a 04 coupe, v6 manual, 6 speed. (that part was in the post at the bottom)

hello 416......:D I know your car is a 04.. it is on your signature i saw that.i wish all the members would do that...;) i was not asking for the year and model,, that is in my signature, it is always there to remind members to input year and model,,

unfortunatelly i cannot help you much from where i am sitting , this is a situation where i would have to drive and feel the clutch ,i was going to suggest that they would bleed the clutch system in case there was air in it , but they have already done that.
the only thing i can reccomend is, if you know anyone with similar car as yours to test drive it and see how the clutch feels , or if the dealer has a used car same as yours, tell them you thinking of buying it and take it on a test drive ..
in the mean time i will look up to see what i can find ( bulletin ) ...

deserthonda 05-22-2006 12:15 PM

sorry no bulletins found on your issue, the only bulletins regarding 04 v6 mt are ..

, clutch pedal squeaks ,, and ..

hard to shift into first gear, reverse grinds

416communter 05-23-2006 10:31 PM

thanks DH,
It's the strangest feeling, (I've driven sticks for 25 yrs) and never felt this. Peddle effort increases, and kind of hangs 75% of the way down. And the downshift comes on right away, and unexpectedly. I don't abuse the car, but it's like a horse and should be exercised, in my opinion. I didn't buy it so I could drive around like I had a corolla or something. I did see some stuff on braided clutch lines, presumably to eliminate any bulging, which I would expect to result in longer pedal travel since the fluid colum would change volume. As well the issue came up when the weather got a little warmer, which made me suspect the rubber hose. Anyway, thanks for your help, there aren't many of these things around that I can find, so I'll just keep after the dealer to fix it.

Thanks again.

afajardo41 04-24-2014 12:15 PM

I have this same EXACT issue. With an 06 Manual Accord v6. I haven't found anything that would help! Did you ever find out what was wrong/ how to fix it?

Originally Posted by 416communter (Post 16439)
Hello all:

My clutch pedal engages closer to the floor after a hard acceleration. ie, revs above 4000, and at least 3/4 throttle, after two shifts like this, the clutch engages in the bottom 1/4 of its travel, as opposed to in the middle. Really annoying. After a couple of "easy" shifts, it goes away, and behaves normally.

I've thought of the automatic adjuster, and perhaps (although this seems a little out there) a bulge in the hydraulic hose that actuates the clutch.

Any ideas out there? Anybody else have this issue?

Thanks for any help.