General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Problems. Can anybody help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 08:44 PM
david76008
Unregistered
Default Engine Problems. Can anybody help?

**The car had a slight knocking before I left work. BUT only at higher RPMs. NOT when idleing. Just when I took off, and the car never made it past 4500RPMs.

So the knocking got louder, and louder the higher the rpms would go. Just took an easy, ride home.

The car doesn't run. Not sure whats wrong with it. So for right now, It's sold AS-IS, and might start parting it out if not sold in a week.

I was driving on the highway, doing about 63MPH, when it back fired and clogged, and lost ALOT of power. Thats when I pop it in Neutral, and turned it off. I pulled over, popped the hood, and saw a small fire by the A/C compressor, and the pulleys.

I also noice one hose coming from the air intake, to the back of the engine, that had a small hole. Cause by the fire. Maybe a small fire ball got up there, and burned a hole. But the hose was melted a little. About the size of the top of a pen
(round)

I Havent started it, but it does crank up. Just dont want to push it where something worst will happen.

**I added a tap of oil yesterday, and spilled some. IDK if the oil I spilled cause the fire, but why did it loose so much power. I will try to get some pictures of where it started. But the car is on the highway right now. Waiting for tow truck to bring it home.

**This is not my engine. Just a pic I found online**
Where the red is where where the fire was at.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Engine Problems. Can anybody help?

How was the car running before this problem appeared? Has Check Engine Light been on at all? You added oil. Was oil level low?

Backfiring can be caused by spark jumping from one spark plug line to another, mistiming, excess fuel being pushed into the engine. If spark plug wires, plugs, and distributor cap and rotor are old, I would start w/ replacing them. Backfire may have popped some hoses loose, hence the holes.Look for loose hose ends.

Check fuel pressure regulator vacuum reference line. Check engine timing. Pull upper timing belt cover and check condition/alignment of timing belt.

good luck

Old 03-30-2007, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

I saw this post on another forum with the real pictures.

There is a chunk of the engine block gone where he labeled the fire started. His engine is toast.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:00 AM
david76008
Unregistered

Yeah. Sorry I havent been able to update this, but I asked for help in so many places. Right now, my hunt is for another F22, or sell it and put that out on a down payment.

What do you guys think this car is worth how it is?

Old 03-31-2007, 04:13 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: PAhonda

I saw this post on another forum with the real pictures.

There is a chunk of the engine block gone where he labeled the fire started. His engine is toast.
when did you see the real pictures ?? because if it was before 6:44:53 pm on march 29 ,,I do not understand why he would write a post and ask for help when he knew all along what was wrong with the engine .
Now,, if it was after that time and date , i would have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he did not know about the hole in the block .

Old 03-31-2007, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

It was after the that time. He posted the real pics after the car got towed.

If you want to see the pics: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ge=1&pp=15

Old 03-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]ROFLMAO "Engine was just rebuilt" By who, a monkey in the back yard? The #1rod came loose and punched thru the block.

then the next statement "my 'friend' I bought it from,put heavy oil in it"

Oh yeahwith Friends like that who needs enemies.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:38 PM
david76008
Unregistered

Engine was rebuilt at a Local shop here in Fort Worth. I didn't do it, but have receipts with VIN on receipts. Again, anybody can get a hold of a sheet of paper, and say "I did this".
I didn't say friend. I said my friend said he put heavy oil. Learn how to read ******

Old 04-01-2007, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

There is ABSOLUTELY no need to swear on here. Hondadude just misread the post.

HondaDude helps out people in need with excellent advice all of the time, and I guarantee that he knows more about your car than you do.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:47 AM
david76008
Unregistered

Well thats why I'm here. DUH!

Quick Reply: Engine Problems. Can anybody help?