General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2011 Accord Rear Door Window Wiper Seal

Old 03-11-2018, 06:09 PM
Exclamation 2011 Accord Rear Door Window Wiper Seal

Hello,

My name is Simone and yesterday I bought my first car: 2011 Honda Accord LX-P Automatic. I am a high school student and in fall going to college. The car has only 90K miles, I like it very much, but it needs some TLC. I'm not mechanically inclined, but with my dad's help this will be a very nice car.

I would like to start by replacing the left rear door window (glass) outer wiper seal. Could someone please tell me what the part number is, and is it attached to the chrome molding or do I have to disassemble the door to get to it?

Also, I noticed that the top moldings (black plastic strips from back to front, one on each side) have the rubber gaskets underneath them destroyed by sun. I would like to replace those rubber gaskets. Perhaps somebody can advise on that one also: what part numbers I'm looking for, and what is involved.

I very much appreciate any help anyone could offer, it would be very helpful for me if in the future if I would be able to figure the parts myself using the exploded view diagrams. Does anyone recommend a website that would have very good exploded view diagrams? Thank you very much in advance for any help offered.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

You can purchase a pdf of your accord's shop manual at a site like automanualsource.com for around $22. It is worth the investment.

For part numbers, an oem site like hondapartsnow.com is good to find the OEM part numbers.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:03 AM

The shop manual book was a great piece of advice (just bought it), and the part number has been found.

Thank you!