General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord Sedan road Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Default Accord Sedan road Noise

Hi All, I am about to purchase a 2010 Honda Accord ex-l v6. I have read some comments regarding road noise. When I'm on a freeway, I do like a quiet cabin. So, I'm coming to the owners for their comments. How bad is the road noise on a freeway if there is any at all in the 2010? Thanks for your help..Charlie

Old 04-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

I don't have a 2010, but it's pretty typical for Honda to omit some of the soundproofing on lower-priced models. So keep that in mind if you hear from owners of 2010 LX or 4-cyl models.

And certainly, drive one & see for yourself.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:49 AM

Jim,
Thanks for your response. The nearest Honda dealer to me is 60 miles. I did drive the car last week but did not focus on the noise as all were talking etc etc. I started reading comments about the road noise when I got back home. I was hoping some 2009 or 2010 honda ex-l v-6 owners had any comments..Thanks..Charlie

Old 04-12-2010, 03:31 PM

I just bought a 2010 V-6 Accord yesterday. I didnt notice much road noise, but oddly enough, when I test drove the 4 cylinder, it seemed like there was some. I have only had my new one on the hwy for about 10 miles and it wasn't a rough hwy but it wasn't noisy to me. I was listening for it too.

Any difference in the build between the V-6 and the I-4?

Old 04-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

As far as engine & trans, the 4-cyl & V-6 may as well be different cars. It's not the same transmission mated to the different engines.

And if my Civics are any guide, the EX has soundproofing panels under the trunk & hood lids. The LX doesn't. They probably do similar things across the different versions of Accord.

Separate from soundproofing, if it's got 17" or 18" wheels, those are harsher because of the shorter sidewalls of the tires. In other words, there's lots of ways to make them feel & sound different without really changing the actual structure of the car.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Default Whistle noise at 70 miles/hr

Charlie, I have 2010 V6 EX-L. It bothers me so much with
the whistle noise at 70m/hr on freeway. Two dealers said it is normal but I don't think so. It did not happen when I first bought it. Test drive w/ high speed on freeway. Good luck !

Old 04-15-2010, 09:03 AM

Thanks to everyone for your replies. Well I had it narrowed down to the 2011 camry and the 2010 accord and I just bouth the camry for $500 more than the 2010 accord. I tried just about every accord dealer in the NW and even with their incentives, they would not match the price of the 2011 accord. Business is Business....

Old 04-16-2010, 06:29 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Hi - I've got the 2009 EXL and it is loud. The equivalent Camry is quieter but also more money at least when I was looking. I did lots of online shopping and had three dealers in a price war for my car. by the time I purchased I did very well so I'm not complaining. The Accord is also a "sportier" riding car so it is a little less comfortable. If you like silence on the highway you may not like the Accord. The EXL does have the trunk liner but it doesn't exactly make it silent. You can purchase the trunk liners for the 4 cylinders also from any online dealers store.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by psplsite
Charlie, I have 2010 V6 EX-L. It bothers me so much with
the whistle noise at 70m/hr on freeway. Two dealers said it is normal but I don't think so. It did not happen when I first bought it. Test drive w/ high speed on freeway. Good luck !
Whistle noise? That's one I havent heard and sure hope I dont at 70mph sincel that is the speed this car will be traveling for most of it's life

Old 04-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Default accord noise

To the gentleman that advised the accord was noiser on freeway than the CAMRY but more expensive. I purchased a 2011 fully loaded CAMRY XLE V6 for $491 more than the 2010 accord. That was with no incentives on the 2011 CAMRY and $3000 rebate on the ACCORD. That was my selling point, the CAMRY is much much quieter on the Freeway and the Audio system is far advanced than the Accord. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Accord as well and it's has been a reliable car with great resale however, it does not have the eminities that the CAMRY does. I want you all to know that I am a 25 year NISSAN Maxima owner who has just been priced out of the market with the Maxima and I will not sacrafice my dignity by stepping down in class to the Altima which, is at the same price levels as the Accord and the CAMRY similiarly equipped.....

Quick Reply: Accord Sedan road Noise