Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Disable power locks (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/disable-power-locks-51601/)

Snarf 12-01-2012 10:29 AM

Disable power locks

Hi I have a 95 accord ex and we narrowed my issue down to power lock relay. I was wondering where the fuse for the power locks is located so I can pull it and disable the electronic locks entirely so it will be all manual until I can get a replacement relay.

poorman212 12-01-2012 11:14 AM

There isn't a "relay" involved here, there is the control unit/computer of sorts in the drivers door.

Can you explain the issue you are having?

I deleted your other post. Did that thread decribe the issue you are having?

Anyway, the #38 underhood fuse it the one you want to pull.

Snarf 12-01-2012 11:34 AM

THank you

When locking the drivers side (which ya know locks everyones door) it starts to just click on and off constantly until drivers door is unlocked.

I figured pulling the fuse would resolve it. It did just that I didnt know which one it was (the sticker above the fuse box is gone or faded). Thank you.

But I still need to find the relay for the electronic locks right?

poorman212 12-01-2012 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
No, pulling the fuse will stop the locks.

For repair, you need to either repair the door lock actuator (read the other post you posted in.....tells you exactly how to do it) or replace the actuator. About 95% of the time it is the drivers door lock actuator.

EDIT: stolen pic from redbull, hope you don't mind my friend :)

poorman212 12-01-2012 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Under hood fuse panel

Snarf 12-01-2012 12:19 PM

Are you sure? Since all of them do it only when drivers side is locked. When drivers side is unlocked and the rest are locked its fine.

I pulled the 38 fuse...I dont mind being on manual for a bit while the actuator is looked at.

This sites awesome!!!

Now I need a radio code lol...does honda charge for it?

poorman212 12-01-2012 01:09 PM

I can ask others to give their ideas...but I'm pretty sure the door lock actuator is the issue - I'm not there to see it but lets put it in the +95% range :).

You go to lock the door (key or switch) and it seems as all of the doors do this clicking/cycling of the door locks. Might stop in a few minutes...might go on for some time.

The dealer should not charge for the code. Heck you might try to call Honda of America and talk with them - be nice - and they might give you the code over the phone, you'll need the VIN code.

Look in the glove box at any and all paperwork. You are looking for a five digit number (example, the code for my 95 is "52351" - if you want to steal my tape deck go ahead)...might be written in the owners manual, from the factory there was a "card".....I've even seen some where there was a sticker on the drivers side of the glove box with the code....inside the box and to the outside like you are in the drivers seat and open the glove box and on the outside of the black plastic.

Snarf 12-01-2012 01:16 PM

Thanks Ill go look now but if I do find it how do I input it?

poorman212 12-01-2012 01:28 PM

The radio station "pre-set" buttons are numbered one thru "something" - can't remember right now.

Turn the key to On/Pos II - don't start it just to "on". When the radio comes on and reads "code" - enter the code using the pre-set buttons.

Snarf 12-01-2012 01:44 PM

Dang couldnt find anything you described. Ill have to go to a dealer