Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Doors have troubl unlocking (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/doors-have-troubl-unlocking-65339/)

rockhoundrob 12-30-2017 08:50 PM

Doors have troubl unlocking

Whenever I use the remote to lock/unlock the doors, they barely activate.

Last year, maybe 3 of them would work... but it steadily got worse where I have to press 2-3 times.

I assume its the actuators. I looked at the diagram and see they are $41 for the driver side, which is all I really care about. How hard is it to change it out? I can change the window regulators, but just not sure about the actuator.

The Toecutter 12-31-2017 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by rockhoundrob (Post 378350)
Whenever I use the remote to lock/unlock the doors, they barely activate.

Last year, maybe 3 of them would work... but it steadily got worse where I have to press 2-3 times.

I assume its the actuators. I looked at the diagram and see they are $41 for the driver side, which is all I really care about. How hard is it to change it out? I can change the window regulators, but just not sure about the actuator.

I'd lube up the link ends and any pivoting parts, before I'd replace anything. I only say that, as yours are still working, abit slowly.

rockhoundrob 01-01-2018 02:52 PM

Hmm... guess I can give that a try... nothing to lose!

At least I shouldn't have to take the parts out...

PAhonda 01-02-2018 07:46 PM

There is a writeup on fixing the actuators on certain accords.

I don't see your vehicle info, so I don't know if it will apply to your car.

rockhoundrob 01-03-2018 07:56 AM

Oh Sorry... it's a 1998 Accord LX- 4 door, 4 cyl, auto-trans.

bmwgsrider 01-08-2018 03:52 PM

You talking about a security alarm or keyless remote?

I had to pull my security alarm out of the car because my alarm started causing issues... and the remote wasn't reaching the sensor very good to activate the door locks to unlock the doors. Before I think that it is the door actuator, I would invest into the door unlock system you gave first.

bmwgsrider 01-08-2018 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by bmwgsrider (Post 378481)
You talking about a security alarm or keyless remote?

I had to pull my security alarm out of the car because my alarm started causing issues... and the remote wasn't reaching the sensor very good to activate the door locks to unlock the doors. Before I think that it is the door actuator, I would invest into the door unlock system you gave first.

Just wondering if key works fine if you just use the key to the unlock doors?

I put in two security alarm systems and when the remote and the system started causing to unlock the doors... especially after putting in another security system... doors work fine just using the key. I know the convenience of being able to unlock doors isn't there but I got tired of my doors not always unlocking with the remote.

rockhoundrob 01-09-2018 09:05 AM

There is no alarm. I removed it 2 years ago. It has nothing to do with the keyless. Even if I press the lock button on the door, ALL doors have the same problem with not locking/unlocking ( or really VERY weak)

When I have a chance, I will try WD-40 on the joints, etc... just need to find the time to take the door panels off... too cold these days!