Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   downshifting while braking on it own (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/downshifting-while-braking-own-15429/)

jose310 01-15-2008 06:27 PM

downshifting while braking on it own

ok well my car has got this problem with the car autotically downshifting from 2nd to 1st, and theres slight jerk wen it does it, i also have a late shifting problem while its trying to find a gear a stays in a gear to long revs up to 3 or 4 then shoots backdown, cant it be my rotors? or the brakes is sticking? i feels like a slight grinding or stumbling when i brake, 1994 accord lx auto

HondatechAV6 01-15-2008 07:23 PM

RE: downshifting while braking on it own

well, you may indeed need brake work, but i'd think it's unrelated to the transmission concern.

do you feel comfortable adjusting the A/T throttle cable?

jose310 01-16-2008 07:32 PM

nope im not really a mechanic guy ,but i know some,but ill love to learn. i got a quote on rebuilding my trans for 950? is that a good price

HondatechAV6 01-16-2008 08:44 PM

rebuild?? $950??? you get what you pay for...

jose310 01-16-2008 08:50 PM

yeah, is that a normal price? or wat?

00accorddriva 01-16-2008 09:21 PM

Mine does the downshift thing from 2nd to 1st also. when i leave from work i have to go thru a crossing gate and i slow to stop and when im at about 5mph it downshifts and kinda jerks me some.

and im not positive but i swear it stuck in second when i was waiting for the garage door to open and i went to pull in i felt like the tranny was in second. i put it in reverse then back in drive and its fine.

who knows

BlkCurrantKord 01-17-2008 07:02 AM

Sounds like its on its way out. $950 is low, like cheap, half-ass it low.

Gopal 01-17-2008 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: jose310

nope im not really a mechanic guy ,but i know some, but ill love to learn. i got a quote on rebuilding my trans for 950? is that a good price
Rebuild for $950? Sounds too low to me. Ensure you get a warranty.

Gopal 01-17-2008 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: HondatechAV6

well, you may indeed need brake work, but i'd think it's unrelated to the transmission concern.

do you feel comfortable adjusting the A/T throttle cable?
I fiddled around with mine (95LX, 123K) and it removed a bit of harsh-shifting, it also changed the shift points... now I move to higher gears quicker and the ATC-lock takes time. The gas-pedal response is quicker too... Are these connected? Can you please explain how the A/T Throttle cable adjustment works? Thanks!

Regards,
Gopal

ckebottle 01-17-2008 01:26 PM

Is that 950 for a rebuild or 950 for a used? I'd expect a rebuild to be around 2k.