Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Driver's Window Stuck (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/drivers-window-stuck-15719/)

patpatpat 01-26-2008 08:20 PM

Driver's Window Stuck

So few months back my windows were acting up, moved very slow but they still managed to close/open all the way. Now today, the window is stuck in the bottom position. I took the door panel off and wiggled the window, nothing. Tried using vice-grip to yonk it up, nothing. Lubed the cables and tracks, nothing. I downward pressed the window control and you can hear an "ehk" sound (simply cant go down anymore) but when I upward press it, it doesnt even make a noise, let alone move the winow up.

So after all these, I have concluded that:
The control unit is fine. All other windows work
The window motor is fine, because I can hear a sound when I press downward.
Nothing out of track.
All wires a replugged

AH! any help, its going to rain hard these few nights!

Thanks

patpatpat 01-26-2008 09:11 PM

RE: Driver's Window Stuck

My problem seems a lot like the following:
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/m_2..._1/key_/tm.htm

But his problem fixed itself! I dont know if I am going to be that lucky.

HondatechAV6 01-26-2008 09:17 PM

it can be a bad switch. there is an up and a down switch you know.

patpatpat 01-26-2008 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: HondatechAV6

Do you mean the switch that one uses to raise/lower the window? I tested it, with the window in bottomed out position, it makes a buzz noise when I press down and no noise when I press up.

It is getting really wet! lol

HondatechAV6 01-27-2008 12:02 AM

ORIGINAL: patpatpat

ORIGINAL: HondatechAV6

Do you mean the switch that one uses to raise/lower the window? I tested it, with the window in bottomed out position, it makes a buzz noise when I press down and no noise when I press up.

It is getting really wet! lol

how is this a test?
to test it properly you need a digital multimeter or at least a test light...do you have either?

TexasHonda 01-27-2008 07:25 AM

If you remove the door panel, you can disconnect the window from the regulator/motor (2 bolts) assy and manually raise the window. A stick of correct length can be used to jam the window in up position until you repair switches or replace regulator.

Check the plastic turning block on regulator that turns the pull wire. If this plastic turning block is broken, the regulator will jam and not rise. Replacement regulator is fix. Check ebay or salvage yard for a replacement.

good luck

patpatpat 01-27-2008 06:52 PM

So the problem was the control unit. The contact plates under the switches are burned so I cleaned them and it works now. However, when I was putting my door panel back, the doors keep locking themselves. So I tried to fix that, but I accidentally closed my doors with all the windows up(ironic isnt it)!!! So now...the car is running and I am waiting for AAA to come.....

One problem after another. Cheers.

HondatechAV6 01-27-2008 09:56 PM

the cheapest way out is to go to the dealer and have them cut you a cheap key(no immobilizer chip).

patpatpat 01-28-2008 02:09 AM

I do have 2 sets of keys, but I left the other back at a different house. Do you know how much a key usually runs? I thought I can just go to walmart and get it made.

RaysHondaAccord1994with247.000miles 10-28-2011 06:42 PM

I just need to get my driver side window up it will go down with the button but does nothing going up. HELP. Thanks 94 Accord with 247.000 plus runs good 32 mph on the fwy!