Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Duralast Gold pads finally show their tru color... (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/duralast-gold-pads-finally-show-their-tru-color-41373/)

Tek310 07-10-2011 04:08 PM

Duralast Gold pads finally show their tru color...

POS they squeak like a dam rooster. Shims are not loose, rotor splash gaurd is not rubbing. It's just the poor quality pad I'm assuming.

Squeak squeak squeak (squeeeeeeeeaaaaaakkkkkk(when I stop))

P.s. This is the side with a new OEM Honda rotor. So it's not a warped rotor

EXV6NIGHTHAWK 07-10-2011 09:35 PM

Did you use the anti-squeal mollycote between the shims and pad backing plate? I've never used Duralast pads, just wondering if that might be the problem.

live2rice 07-10-2011 09:40 PM

I usually try to stay away from duralast and autozone in general.

Tek310 07-10-2011 10:00 PM

yes i used the grease on the shims and all contact areas.

these pads came with the car and they are still pretty thick.. mind as well use them up

deserthonda 07-10-2011 10:14 PM

did you use ceramic pads ??

Tek310 07-10-2011 10:45 PM

not sure, i took them off and they are really chunky looking, looks like a mixture of metal/ceramic

definitely not a good thick grain look like you seen in higher quality pads.

like i said, i didnt buy these pads, they were already on the car when i bought it back in the beginning of may

teamo 07-11-2011 08:31 AM

I usually use the oem Honda pads but I've used Duralast on some of my previous vehicles. As long as they are their best quality pad they are not bad. Autozone doesn't manufacture the pads, they are made by a brake manufacturer like all pads. The Duralast name is put on them. As long as you buy the more expensive pads and not the cheap economy pads then it is usually fine. I have not had any problems with one brand squeaking vs another brand not, it usually has to do with proper cleaning and greasing everything when replacing the brakes.

WheelBrokerAng 07-11-2011 11:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by teamo (Post 246735)
I usually use the oem Honda pads but I've used Duralast on some of my previous vehicles. As long as they are their best quality pad they are not bad. Autozone doesn't manufacture the pads, they are made by a brake manufacturer like all pads. The Duralast name is put on them. As long as you buy the more expensive pads and not the cheap economy pads then it is usually fine. I have not had any problems with one brand squeaking vs another brand not, it usually has to do with proper cleaning and greasing everything when replacing the brakes.

I agree with this statement . Ive used there branded pads for 17 years and have not had many problems with them squeling. Clean everything up correctly..replace all your brake hoses, clean and check calipers, pins and rotor runout and you usually won't have that problem..

WheelBrokerAng :)
Yes I do own stock on the company :rolleyes: