Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   engines vs body vs years (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/engines-vs-body-vs-years-15156/)

tio2honda 01-05-2008 03:00 AM

engines vs body vs years

Ok now I know this is gonna get tricky but what engines fit what years. I have a 93 2dr ex with 386,000 miles on it in excellent shape and was maintained by me to a tee (timing belt done every 80,000 and all other items that need to be done) I have become pretty good with the 90-93s. ButI reciently lost a piston and destroyed engine would like to replace it with a newer one but cant get info on this subject would like a direct bolt in if possible , oh yea mine is a 5spd. I also have a 92 4dr lx automaticand a 92 2dr lx 5spd the 2dr is easy just need to replace head gasket and have head checked at local machine shop. The 92 4dr is beginning to worry me it has 225,000 miles runs ok and is my daily driver at the moment, but havent owned it long and dont know history on it so may want a newer engine for it too (low on power runs warmer than it should and smokes a little).A guy I know said something about prelude engines but couldnt give me much detail, all I want is a fairly easy swap but of course more power is always nice too. Anyway any help would be greatly appreicated.

BlkCurrantKord 01-05-2008 07:59 AM

RE: engines vs body vs years

Any F or H series engine. Some minor rewiring required with newer engines.

live2rice 01-05-2008 08:20 AM

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

not the F20C or F22C:D..............i'm just being difficult

BlkCurrantKord 01-05-2008 12:36 PM

ORIGINAL: live2rice

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

not the F20C or F22C:D..............i'm just being difficult
Tard [8D]

nafango2 01-05-2008 02:39 PM

basically any F or H series engines except the ones from the S2000.
Minor modification with the engine mounts and transmissions will be needed for just about any engine that isnt the stock one.

cheggie 01-05-2008 07:01 PM

The H22's are a smokin' deal right now, compared to a professionally rebuilt F22. PCM and some extra wiring will need done, but the engine is a drop in fit wik 190-200 horsepower. THe H22's are imports with low mileage. Ask about the mileage before you buy. An H22 will be about 1000-1200 shipped. Cheapest option would be a good used F22 leftover from someone's H22 swap.
I keep waiting for my F22 to croak so I can rationalize the swap, but with only 186k on the clock looks like I better not hold my breath. [8D]

For F22's,stick to 1990-1995, just make sure the block says "F22" and it isn't an SOHC VTEC head. That would require a new PCM. Engines prior to 1996 are set up OBD1 emissions, like yours.