Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Front Drivers Side Shake (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/front-drivers-side-shake-49279/)

Jme 08-01-2012 12:12 PM

Front Drivers Side Shake

2002 Honda Accord 4cyl. 5 speed.
Driving 90km/h + the front end and my stearing wheel shakes the faster you go the worse it gets. I had it put on a hoist and you can hear a growling sound on the drivers side coming from the front tire faster you go the louder it gets.

I have had my car into different garages and they all keep telling me that this front end shake is just age and wear. I know for a fact that it is not! It has progressivley been getting worse over the last 2 months. I have bought 2 different sets of tires, 2 different sets of rims. I have had the brakes replaced, I also just replaced both front CV's and yet this still has not fixed the problem.

Now after having the CV's replaced I have a shutter when I turn corners in 2nd gear, does not matter which way I turn.

You can only hear this growling sound when there is no weight on the tires........
Does anyone have any advice? I am just about out of patience and money when it comes to fixing random parts!

dasundqu 08-01-2012 06:39 PM

I'm assuming you have checked all bushing and balljoints? When the car was in the air did you wiggle the tire back and forth to check for a bad wheel bearing?

MysticBlueEX 08-01-2012 06:57 PM

You really need to get that fixed, quickly.
Wheel shake for me always pointed to a bad tie rod end. Hasn't happened on the Honda, but was always so on my other cars.
Growl that increased pitch with speed always was wheel bearing, my old Focus went through a lot of them. You want to check the temperature of the wheel, hold the palm of your hand up to the center of the wheel after you have been hearing that for a short drive. If the wheel is blazing hot, that indicates metal on metal ie: no bearing remaining.

PAhonda 08-01-2012 07:40 PM

Is this a rumbling noise? Does the noise change when you make a left or right turn?

Jme 08-03-2012 02:30 PM

None of the mechanics have checked the bushings or ball joints. They did check the tires by grabbing them and trying to rock them in any direction, they are all tight and it does not seem to be as simple as wheel bearing or ball joints.

The noise is not heard driving down the highway, only when up on a hoist with someone is in the drivers seat. The sounds is litterally a growling sound.

What gets me is after I turn a corner and the stearing wheel is straight again it shutters then it stops. Doesn't matter which way I turn left or right it still shutters then stops?
It has me and all the people I have taken it to puzzled.

I want to fix it asap but I have no idea what part to replace next.....:confused:

MysticBlueEX 08-04-2012 06:05 AM

I hope you are not driving the car, because failure of anyone of the components we are talking about would mean a tow-away, or an accident. :(

Jme 08-09-2012 02:17 PM

I have no choice but to drive it, I have been driving it this way for 3 months now. It has just been progessively been gettting worse. I don't know what else to do besides take it again to the mechanic and get them to fix something else that would be a random guess...
This blows! I love my Honda but I am almost fed up!