Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Got back from Honda (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/got-back-honda-5398/)

evs 10-11-2006 12:24 AM

RE: Got back from Honda

Of course this fluids have been changed, they do not look so bad... Honda thinks they should be replaced thats all.

Well thanks very much, ill do some searches about replacing these fluids and try to do it myself.

JimBlake 10-11-2006 01:10 AM

Look thru the DIY forum. Desert has written some good stuff in there.

deserthonda 10-11-2006 02:10 AM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

ORIGINAL: evs

... and no one replied if this things had to be done inmediatly or they could wait some time.
That's because we didn't know how old your car is or when that stuff was last done.

the reason NO one replied is because NO ONE told us the year and model

people will get a lot faster and more correct responses if we know year and model to start with,

So that is why i ask all the members to ALWAYS INPUT year and model before asking a question
OR

to input it in the signature so it will always stay there ,

evs 10-11-2006 02:48 AM

Yeah, next time ill try to remember.

YeuEmMaiMai 10-11-2006 07:00 AM

u dirty dog u...sneaking in your sig like that....lol :)

drummer1279 10-11-2006 12:55 PM

the cost for the tranny flush is really cheap from my viewpoint.. the cheapest i got a quote for a tranny flush was $110. as for the other stuff. yeah screw the dealer thats all things that if you take your time will be able to do yourself.

evs 10-12-2006 05:07 PM

yeah, i called another place and they told me the transmission flush would be 105 and then called honda and it was way cheaper.

Do you guys know were i can get the AC filter, can it be in an advance auto parts or something like that or should i go to HONDA

JimBlake 10-13-2006 04:43 AM

Check out:
www.manhonda.com
www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

But shop around. Sometimes dealers aren't too bad for stuff, it all depends.

Hondas don't seem to like tranny flushing. Just drain & fill.

drummer1279 10-14-2006 01:38 PM

they dont like the mechanic tranny flus but mine seems to like me draining the tranny by loosening the cooling lines to the radiator and then refilling what pumped out, was really easy and not as mesy as I thought.

92 accord LX

JimBlake 10-16-2006 01:48 AM

ORIGINAL: drummer1279

they dont like the mechanic tranny flus but mine seems to like me draining the tranny by loosening the cooling lines to the radiator and then refilling what pumped out, was really easy and not as mesy as I thought.

92 accord LX
Yes, thats more like the drain & fill. Most places that use a power-flushing machine don't use Honda ATF. There's usually some kind of solvents involved; I bet that's why Honda trannys don't like it.

But still, it seems like the tranny drain plug would be easier that those hoses.