General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Aftermarket stereo help

Old 10-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Default Aftermarket stereo help

Hey guys. So I have a 1995 accord, yesterday I started the process of installing an after market stereo. Hopefully someone can help me because I'm lost .

Picked the stereo up.
Wired the harness together. There was two ground wires. One was ACC ground and one was just ground. On the harness I bought, there was a ground wire but no acc ground wire like the one coming from the radio . So I left that one unplugged. I wired all the other ones together and hooked up the pink wire (parking brake wire) to the ground. I plugged it in, and the stereo light up but the screen wouldn't come on and there's no sound.

This morning , I came out and re wired. This time I unplugged the parking brake wire and wired the ACC ground wire to the main ground hoping that would work. Now the thing won't even light up. I did find the main relay fuse was blown so I replaced all 3 fuses relating to the radio. Now it is registering 12 volts across both the constant wire and the acc wire (which it didn't before I changed the fuses) but the radio still won't come on.

The car is a 1995 Accord LX
The stereo is a Car Dual DVD unit.