Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Help!!! No Lights!!!- [Solved] (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/help-no-lights-%5Bsolved%5D-57350/)

seanwoodsr 11-15-2013 07:03 PM

Help!!! No Lights!!!- [Solved]

Hello all, I am new to this forum. I have a 01 Accord EX 4DR 4cyl. The issue seems to be a common one. The car has sat for 2-3 years. Put a new battery in and it fired right up. Let it run for about 30 minutes, no problems. Took it out and drove it around for 15 miles or so and no problems. Did the exact same thing a second time and the check engine light, maintenance req light, SRS light, brake light all came on. Checked the brake fluid level, it was low so I topped it off and hit the brake pedal. Brake light cleared. Checked around online and was able to clear the SRS light(there is an outstanding recall for drivers side inflator...car going to dealer for that) The check engine maintenance req. I can pretty much guess the car needs fresh plugs and wires, oil change, air filter, fuel filter, etc. My problem is I have NO park lights, No hazard lights although the turn signals DO work, the headlights work and the brake lights work, but the running lights(park lights) DO NOT TURN ON and the dash lights DO NOT WORK. I have checked every fuse under hood and drivers and passenger side fuse panels. All fuses appear good though I have not checked with a multi-meter or continuity tester. I read something about the Drivers side Multiplex Control Unit being the culprit. Also, what are what appears to be a flasher and a relay in the small box under the hood next to the under hood fuse box? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. I am mechanically inclined and pretty much do all my own work as well as work on other peoples car so I am very capable of performing most procedures.

WheelBrokerAng 11-16-2013 12:01 AM

Welcome new Member..I moved you to this- The correct forum for your question..

Thank You for joining.. :)

WheelBrokerAng

poorman212 11-16-2013 10:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Did the lights act up the first time you drove the car?

Can you pull the hazard switch and test it?

seanwoodsr 11-16-2013 11:45 AM

Thank you for moving this to the correct forum.

seanwoodsr 11-16-2013 11:51 AM

No, I don't recall the lights acting up the first time.

PAhonda 11-16-2013 01:21 PM

You have some basic electrical tests before you jump to the multi-plex control unit.

Checking fuses is very quick with a volt meter or even a test light. I linked a good video below on how ericthecarguy tests fuses.

Along with poorman's test of the hazard switch, check the wht/grn and the yel/red wires that plug into the hazard switch. Both should have 12V to ground with the key in the II position.

seanwoodsr 11-16-2013 09:02 PM

Thanks, I will try these in the morning. Just finished changing an alt on a 06 stratus(pain in the a$$) Will let u know the results. By the way, what is the small box next to this fuse box. It has what appears to be a flasher and a relay in it. What do they control, it is not listed in the owners manual?

PAhonda 11-16-2013 09:52 PM

I think that is for the ABS system.

seanwoodsr 11-21-2013 08:05 PM

Sorry it took me so long to get back, had to deal with life's others issues. Anyway, after further testing, the problem has unfortunately been identified as suspected. A bad drivers side multiplex control unit. Part ordered and I will installing it this weekend.

seanwoodsr 11-29-2013 06:15 PM

Ok, back to the drawing board. Multiplex Control Unit DID NOT fix the problem. Let's try this again, just for clarity, the headlights and the brake lights work! The turn signals work! The Hazard lights DO NOT work, the running lights(both front and rear park lights)DO NOT work! The dash, radio and gear selector lights DO NOT work. The odometer and clock are both lit and work! what else should I check?