General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HELP!!! she angry!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 11:01 PM
Default HELP!!! she angry!

ok so I have had this 1986 accord dx for about two years now. I have been working on it slowly but surely to see if I could make it pass smog and then drive it for how ever long it last.

I have had the cylinder head re-built and cleaned. rebuilt distributor, witch I fine tuned. new plugs, wires, cap & rotor. I rebuilt and set the carb. gone through all the vacuum lines. I had her run'n darn near perfect, passed smog.

all of a sudden the other day, it runs rough as hell. seems like its misfiring and when you turn the engine off, it diesels like no tomorrow.

I have gone through the adjustments again, need'd a little but not much to make any difference. I have a propane enrichment kit and re-tested the air\fuel mix again and its spot on. spark plugs are fine and ignition coil tests fine.

anyone have any ideas? cuz im all out.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

Did you pull the plugs and inspect them? Not sure how many miles you have put on it since they were last replaced.