Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Honda Accord 2000 1.8 i-VTEC S brake line replacement (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/honda-accord-2000-1-8-i-vtec-s-brake-line-replacement-66257/)

Willow5 11-09-2018 03:51 PM

Honda Accord 2000 1.8 i-VTEC S brake line replacement

Hello - my first post 👋

I have the above Accord and a UK spec car (RHD). I need to remove the offside rear brake line from the engine bay through to the caliper. Can someone let me know the procedure? I checked at the engine bay and saw the markings: LF, RF, LR and RR - how do I identify the correct pipe from these markings (not knowing which way left and right is observed in releation to from the front or the rear of the vehicle).

Please can someone also kindly help with where to purchase a replacement as I do not want to spend £100s on this part. Finally please can someone provide a DIY guide and the level of complexity ?

Many thanks

PAhonda 11-09-2018 09:10 PM

The directions on the vehicle are from the perspective of sitting in the driver's seat in the USA. It is probably universal.

Driver's side in the US is the left, while driver's side is the right. F is for the front, so the hood in the us, or bonnet in the UK.

The Toecutter 11-10-2018 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Willow5 (Post 382941)
Hello - my first post 👋

I have the above Accord and a UK spec car (RHD). I need to remove the offside rear brake line from the engine bay through to the caliper. Can someone let me know the procedure? I checked at the engine bay and saw the markings: LF, RF, LR and RR - how do I identify the correct pipe from these markings (not knowing which way left and right is observed in releation to from the front or the rear of the vehicle).

Please can someone also kindly help with where to purchase a replacement as I do not want to spend £100s on this part. Finally please can someone provide a DIY guide and the level of complexity ?

Many thanks

I think with the designations the way they are, the front of the car is front (grill end) LF is Left Front, RF is Right Front, LR is Left Rear, while RR is Right Rear. LHD or RHD wouldn't matter then. I can't tell you how hard or the difficulty of the job would be, as I've only worked on LHD cars, but, if Honda kept the RHD cars similar to the LHD cars, there will be a plastic piece that covers the brake and fuel lines about 18 inches in from the rocker bottom lip. Getting that plastic piece IS the hard part of the job. You'll need Japanese metric lines, and or fittings for tubing. I don't know what size the line is over there, but here in the states it's 3/16ths inch diameter tubing. That Coopernal stuff is the way to go, since you'll be bending a new line for it.
Sorry that's the best I can do. I hope this helps.