General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANY help for engine swap error codes now?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Default ANY help for engine swap error codes now?

Ihave a 2002 Honda accord VIN 1HGCG32642A013358 and had to replace the motor in it with VIN 1HGCG5641XA155212

Reason I putting the VIN in here is cause of getting the check engine light to go out getting 3 error codes one being the knock sensor, replaced the knock sensor twice just because check wiring (car shop did) said wiring was ok. My thinking was maybe the wiring pin might be different on the 2 cars? any ideas I can afford to pay $85.00 a hour to just start digging around.......sigh
error codes are, PO325 (knock sensor bank 1) PO700 (Transmission control system) P1739 (TCM A/T controller circuit)

Just replaced the knock sensor again day ago but cleared the error codes and did no good they cam back, not sure what to do at this point car seems to run great trans may be shifting little funny but that might be me an being used to a 1/2 ton truck. But anyway anyone have any ideas out there where to look or to check out so I can point the mechanic in the right direction.............help please

Old 03-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Do you have a non ULEV in an ULEV car?

If I'm breaking down the vin's correctly. That would be the case, not sure if that is the issue or not.

I read before of another member having issues with aftermarket knock sensor, replaced with OE and it was fine.

Attached Thumbnails ANY help for engine swap error codes now?-1999-vin.jpg   ANY help for engine swap error codes now?-2002-vin.jpg  
Old 03-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Default both ulev motors

Originally Posted by poorman212

If I'm breaking down the vin's correctly. That would be the case, not sure if that is the issue or not.

I read before of another member having issues with aftermarket knock sensor, replaced with OE and it was fine.

I told them that I needed and gave them the vin off my car so they should be correct....sigh

anyone have a oem knock sensor omg there like $160.00 bucks then 60.00 to install them when will the bills end

Last edited by zimmerman14; 03-18-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: how or where can I have this checked out at? dealership tell me with VIN?
Old 03-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

I think the shop should be on the hook for this?

Again, I'd have to do some reseach to find out what all if different from the "normal LEV" and the ULEV, I know things like the O2's and the ECU, not sure on the knock sensor - you might look at some of the online dealership sites and compare the part numbers and the pricing.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Default checking VIN's and junkyard also

I think the shop should be on the hook for this?

Again, I'd have to do some reseach to find out what all if different from the "normal LEV" and the ULEV, I know things like the O2's and the ECU, not sure on the knock sensor - you might look at some of the online dealership sites and compare the part numbers and the pricing.

I am checking the VIN with dealership today I hope and also calling the yard where the company got my motor from Amen auto salvage? I will also check the motors serial number if I can figure out where that is yet and cross that to make sure that motor was out of the car they said it was matching the VIN'S. I hope all matches up correctly I am also did the BBB on the motor with the car lot cause they sold the car to me knowing it was like this . The BBB was no help but wasnt surprised, so now filling out papers to finish up with the Attorney Generals office in Kansas.......................sigh

thanks for help, yeah checked everything on the knock sensor as far as price goes

Old 03-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

As I said, the fact that the engine is from a different car might not be the issue. The "short" block (everything below the head), I'm sure is the same, the difference between the ULEV and LEV is in the "systems" that "feed/control" the engine- intake manifold, injectors, O2's, exhaust manifold, ect...

Old 03-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

I think those two engines have the same cylinder head and intake manifold.

The difference is just with the sensors.

They may want to check the grounds in the engine bay.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Default ulev and lev engines

Originally Posted by PAhonda
I think those two engines have the same cylinder head and intake manifold.

The difference is just with the sensors.

They may want to check the grounds in the engine bay.

OK trying to run down the VIN on the motor they sold me will do that today, but its looking like the wrong motor the one they sold me dont even say ULEV on the valve cover. Honda dealer said to try and swap out the exhaust manifold and the intake first (I'm not sure what this would do) So will check the VIN on the motor see if it is same as the company that sold the motor to me. I bought the motor through a company that locates parts and they had some trouble getting the VIN on the motor from the yard, but sounds like they will hopefully help me in getting this fixed. Not sure about if I get another motor if the yard is responsible to pay for install I know I cant afford another one and they will also have to put new water pump and timing belt as well since I did it on this one they sold me ............sigh what mess

Old 03-20-2012, 07:27 AM

sorry Honda said mine I bought is a LEV motor and I need a ULEV motor

Old 03-20-2012, 07:28 AM

Yes my car is a ULEV also has sticker on side window as well

Quick Reply: ANY help for engine swap error codes now?