General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 accord

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Default 92 accord

I BOUGHT AN ACCORD FROM A LADY THAT SAID SHE DIDNT KNOW THE PROBLEM.AT FIRST IT HAD WHITE SMOKE AND ALL SIGNS OF A BLOWN HEAd gasket.i used a bottle of blue devil.and the car ran cherry.a/c cold then one day the power wires that was hooked up got caught in the seat rail and burned all the way to the battery.melting the plastic tube from the trottle body,and some of the hoses.so i dont know which hoses goes to what.i followed a diagram from a manual.and now my car runs like crap. so i had someone look at it and they got it to at least stay on.but it idles ruff, like it going to die out, then sometimes i put into gear and it dies.my whole car just shakes crazy.it loses power and when im driving down a hill or jus coasting the car idles up and down,now when i drive its sounds like im running on only a few cylinders.does anyone know what that may be?

Old 01-26-2013, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

This is confusing. What wires were running under the seat?

I think that you need to post some pictures of the wires that got caught under the seat. Also the damage to the wiring and hoses you are mentioning.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Yes pics please.

PA, one part sound like the intake tube to the TB melted? Sounds like a vac hose mess that will have to be sorted out.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:21 PM

thanks for responding to my posts. but the problem was deeper than i thought.i had the head removed and the car was running on only 2 cylinders.and the head gasket was blown. but now my car runs a little better but theres still some idle problems along wit some that i have no idea where to start.i replaced the whole head along with a new gasket.but my car sounds like a volkswagen.and while driving the idles races up and down.i think that has to do with the vaccum hoses i mentioned earlier.someone had told me that maybe the valves need to be adjusted, then someone else told me the timing could be off by 2 teeth.and another told me theres an exhaust leak.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Someone told you the timing might be off 2 teeth?
Since you changed the head, you'll be familiar with the cam timing marks. Pull the upper timing cover & have a good look. Don't need to guess or take someones word for it, you can verify it.