Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Injector Cleaners? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/injector-cleaners-670/)

jayhova804 06-08-2005 01:32 PM

Injector Cleaners?

Anyone recommned a specific brand?

RTexasF 06-08-2005 10:18 PM

RE: Injector Cleaners?

Chevron's Techron is among the best that you can buy over the counter. After attending many Yamaha outboard schools I have seen how well this product works. Yamaha's own brand of fuel system cleaner is made for them by Chevron......guess what it contains.....and this is for severe two & four stroke use.

It's good stuff.

jayhova804 06-09-2005 01:15 AM

thanks man i hope that will fix my cars problem

Evlampius 06-10-2005 01:21 PM

the best way to clean injectors is to take them out and clean them by hand - any sh!t that you add to your fuel is crap - Red Line Fuel system cleaner is better but crap anyways:D

jayhova804 06-10-2005 01:25 PM

newb here you wanna walk me through how to find them and get them out and any tools needed? id like to clean then asap hopefully in the next 30 minutes

accordlowered04 06-10-2005 07:13 PM

what was wrong with your car? i use fuel injection cleaner about every 4 months or so as my car begins to idlize up and down after several months. might need to take them out and clean them by hand but will have to wait until i get time around here.

jayhova804 06-12-2005 03:04 PM

Can anyone tell me how to take them out so that i can clean them basically im trying to trouble shoot and im hoping that cleaning the injectors will do that job. My car when it idles it sounds like its hiccuping almost its kinda hard to explain the sound, but when its idling it almost sounds like it wants to turn off but it doesnt [&o] i just want it fixed

jayhova804 06-12-2005 08:36 PM

I cant get any help on this forum ban me please

Patrick 06-12-2005 09:38 PM

the injector is a sealed unit...i dont know how you would be able to ge them any cleaner than running a solvent through the engine...

however, injectors slide out of the injecter ports...you probably have to unbolt the fuel rail and remove them all at once, then remove them from the rail...

RTexasF 06-12-2005 10:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Evlampius

the best way to clean injectors is to take them out and clean them by hand - any sh!t that you add to your fuel is crap - Red Line Fuel system cleaner is better but crap anyways:D
Where do you come off saying these products are crap????? Techron, Red Line, and B&G are all very good products. I take it you didn't go to the Yamaha school that I attended.