General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its back

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Default Its back

Ok I have another one for you guys and gals. lol. Since I got so much help last time I thought I would try it again and again. Here is the problem.....After getting the car running again I have discovered another issue, when I start my car it has a rougher than usual idle and continues whether hot or cold or in park or gear. It feels like this......dots are the engine running. ok ........bump...............bump................... bump...bump... etc. with higher rpms the cycle just goes faster. I would say it feels like a miss, but it doesn't seem to be a miss on the same cylinder. I am thinking maybe a leak or something with a fuel injector. I ran some FI cleaner through but it doesn't seem to be getting better. I didn't put the cheap stuff. Kind of concerned but it is running and not all that noticable. New plugs, wires, distrib, rotor. Next?

Old 10-26-2006, 11:16 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Its back

chk if each injector is firing properly, unplug it one at a time,, if a cylinder does not have or has very little rpm drop . noticably less than the other 3 is the injector that causes your problem,, than you got to find out if it is a bad injector or power supply to injector,, if you have a NOID lite it is a good way to test injectors..
also a valve too tight could cause that as well

did you install NGK plugs ?? zfr5f-11??,, also disconnect the hose to the egr and see if it smoothes out , there should be no vacc present at idle at the hose,,, the chk engine lite will come on, but you can reset it by removing the back up fuse for about 20 seconds in the underhood furse box ,,car off of course when you are resetting ecu ..

Old 10-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

is the idle looping? if it is, clean your IVC and inspect and clean egr if needed

Old 10-27-2006, 03:09 AM
Administrator

**Follow the good information that Desert has given you here in his answer and I would believe you wil have the problem Diagnosed...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

chk if each injector is firing properly, unplug it one at a time,, if a cylinder does not have or has very little rpm drop . noticably less than the other 3 is the injector that causes your problem,, than you got to find out if it is a bad injector or power supply to injector,, if you have a NOID lite it is a good way to test injectors..
also a valve too tight could cause that as well

did you install NGK plugs ?? zfr5f-11??,, also disconnect the hose to the egr and see if it smoothes out , there should be no vacc present at idle at the hose,,, the chk engine lite will come on, but you can reset it by removing the back up fuse for about 20 seconds in the underhood furse box ,,car off of course when you are resetting ecu ..