Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   leaking oil (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/leaking-oil-6974/)

2002haccord 01-12-2007 06:28 PM

leaking oil

i changed my oil like two days ago been driving it and noticed its been dripping oil when i went under to check it not leaking from the oil pan bolt or filter but instead the oil is coming right under the front bumper like under the raidiator and just noticed the front bumper is like misted with oil, dont know how, need help thanks

sir_nasty 01-12-2007 06:35 PM

RE: leaking oil

please tell me you put the oil cap back on.... *L * can you see where it's dripping from? any hoses removed or anything? are you certain that it's oil and your oil level is going down? I'd start by trying to wipe off/clean up whatever is there and let the car sit for a while (overnight) then see if it leaks, if no leak then start it up and revv the engine a few times, bring it up to normal temp, make sure that it's not blowing oil out of anywhere (an extra person would help with all of this)

2002haccord 01-12-2007 07:05 PM

well when i changed the oili drove around the block when i got home i noticed i didnt put the oil cap on so i did but nothing was leaking then. well im gonna give it a try clean it up and do wat u said thanks.

sir_nasty 01-12-2007 07:08 PM

Not having the oil cap on is probably what caused the spray, make sure you top off your oil level and don't overfill it and go from there.... No one component comes to mind for why that would happen but I think you're just seing residual stuff from not having the cap on... yes I admit I did it myself once and was amazed that the cap was still riding right on top of my valve cover...

2002haccord 01-12-2007 07:19 PM

yeah it was my first time doing that hopefully thats wat happened

sir_nasty 01-12-2007 07:31 PM

Did you feel as dumb as I did? *L*

2002haccord 01-12-2007 08:18 PM

hell yeah

ckebottle 01-13-2007 05:24 AM

I changed my own oil a few days ago for the first time. I almost forgot to put the cap back on, but of all people, my girlfriend reminded me! hahaha

ArcticHonda 01-14-2007 07:44 PM

I always used to forget the oil cap...now whenever I remove it I put the thing on top of the hood latch so the hood can't be closed until its put back on the valve cover.

wietgr 01-15-2007 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: ArcticHonda

I always used to forget the oil cap...now whenever I remove it I put the thing on top of the hood latch so the hood can't be closed until its put back on the valve cover.
or you crush it by shuting the hood on it!