Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   At a Lost (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/lost-46559/)

onempty 03-30-2012 12:33 AM

At a Lost

My 1996 Accord L4 133,000mi is throwing CEL codes.The Autozone scan says Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor.I'm wondering if it's the sensor or some other component of the system causing the CEL?The gas cap seems to be fine.The sensor could be working fine & doing what it should by reporting a problem.The sensor price range from 164.00 - 200.00.I hate to buy a sensor & still have CEL issues.Also have a SRS light,but I'm thinking replace the SRS unit & problem solved agree? Thanks in Advance

TexasHonda 03-30-2012 06:00 AM

Post the code number, Pnnnn to get help. AZ countermen aren't known for their diagnostic prowess.

good luck

onempty 04-01-2012 04:34 PM

The codes are PO453.

TexasHonda 04-01-2012 07:26 PM

This is an electrical fault (open circuit) in the fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor circuit. It could be sensor, connector, wiring, or ECU.

The diagnostics require checking the vacuum lines to the FTP sensor, checking electrical connections and wiring. You will need a shop manual to go through the diagnostics.

I had same code on a Acura MDX and removed the FTP sensor temporarily when it did not check out. I reinstalled after deciding to order online and wait for delivery. Check for better price than OEM w/ Rockauto and ebay. When I reinstalled the FTP sensor temporarily it worked fine until the replacement arrived and was installed.

good luck

onempty 04-04-2012 01:45 AM

Thanks for your reply.The price for FTP sensor on Ebay was 200.00 + Rockauto was 164.00.I guess I will break the piggy bank open.No egg money for the bunny...lol

WheelBrokerAng 04-04-2012 02:51 AM

Hi Member

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by onempty (Post 275294)
My 1996 Accord L4 133,000mi is throwing CEL codes.The Autozone scan says Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor.I'm wondering if it's the sensor or some other component of the system causing the CEL?The gas cap seems to be fine.The sensor could be working fine & doing what it should by reporting a problem.The sensor price range from 164.00 - 200.00.I hate to buy a sensor & still have CEL issues.Also have a SRS light,but I'm thinking replace the SRS unit & problem solved agree? Thanks in Advance

Was your code you got from Auto Zone , code # po450.?
If so , you need to #1 check hoses and fittings, #2 Check that connector and the wiring and # 3 know that your fuel tank pressure sensor is defective..

This should help..WheelBrokerAng :)

onempty 04-06-2012 08:06 AM

Thanks,for your help.I also had a mechanic to check the ecu/ecm(not for free..lol)bought a ft pressure sensor from autozone(162.00 with tax.The sensor didn't fit...lol