Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   My a/c and cooling fan stay on while car is on all the time. (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/my-c-cooling-fan-stay-while-car-all-time-47857/)

bpethomas 06-01-2012 02:26 PM

My a/c and cooling fan stay on while car is on all the time.

Hi, I'm new and hope I'm posting in the correct area.
I recently replaced my rad and put the old fans on the new rad, hooked up everything the same. But now the cooling fan and A/C fan turns on when the car is on and they both don't turn off untill the car is off.
Any ideas?? Please help.
Thanks

Dr. Drivability 06-01-2012 03:03 PM

year? engine? coupe? sedan? lx, ex..????

crispin 06-01-2012 04:44 PM

^^^^^ what he said

bpethomas 06-01-2012 05:11 PM

Sorry

92 Honda accord 2.2 ex

bpethomas 06-01-2012 05:11 PM

Sedan

bpethomas 06-01-2012 05:12 PM

Crap and it's an auto

Dr. Drivability 06-01-2012 08:16 PM

since both fans are running now, i'd find it unlikely it's a stuck relay. both relays for the condensor fan and radiator fan are controlled by the fan control unit which gets it's signal, a/c request and engine coolant signal from the computer. looks like underhood fuse 29 is for the condensor relay and 39 is for the engine fan relay...time for some old fashioned electrical troubleshooting...but first backtrack all your repairs and make sure they are correct.

poorman212 06-01-2012 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Drivability (Post 283790)
since both fans are running now, i'd find it unlikely it's a stuck relay. both relays for the condensor fan and radiator fan are controlled by the fan control unit which gets it's signal, a/c request and engine coolant signal from the computer. looks like underhood fuse 29 is for the condensor relay and 39 is for the engine fan relay...time for some old fashioned electrical troubleshooting...but first backtrack all your repairs and make sure they are correct.

Not exactly Dr but close......

OP-
Was this happening before the work was done?

Does the ac work, is it on? If so, this is normal.

Now if the ac is off and they are both running....I'd check the wires to thermo a (t-stat housing where the lower hose connects)

PAhonda 06-01-2012 09:03 PM

Take a close look at the wiring harness to make sure you didn't pinch/crimp it when you installed the radiator.

Is the a/c running all of the time?

bpethomas 06-01-2012 10:43 PM

It is the plug that goes over the temp sensor for the thermo, the wires are touching each other. Does anyone know if I can get a replacement plug connector anywhere or how I would replace it and where to get the part. Cause I have gone to one of my major local parts store and nothing. And it seems that when they aren't touching each other that the fan doesn't work at all. But that isn't confirmed