Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   No Heater / Can't find fuse (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/no-heater-cant-find-fuse-1793/)

Jayson Wonder 01-23-2006 08:22 PM

No Heater / Can't find fuse

Hello all,

I was driving when all of the sudden my heater and defroster stopped working. I check all the plastic fuses in the underhood box and could nto find anything blown. I hear the is a second fuse box under the dase but I cannot seem to find it. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Please somebody tell me where to look and if this may be a likely casue. It is mighty cold up here in Canada today.

1994 Acord EX-R

Thanks in advance.

lightshow 01-23-2006 09:01 PM

RE: No Heater / Can't find fuse

hey yea there are fuses under the hood and under the dash where your left foot would go in the drivers side foot well. also, the blower motor is notorious for going out.

lightshow

Jayson Wonder 01-23-2006 09:22 PM

Yeah, since my first post, I went and borrowed a flood light and had a better look and found the other fuse box. Now I check every "Plastic" fuse in both boxes and nope.... not a bad fuse to be found.

No I think you may be right about the blower motor. I only bought the car on Sat but the first thing I noticed it was how loud the heater was. Perhaps a sign of if diying a slow death. My luck, the first day we have had snow in a while and I loose my heat and defrost.

Any suggestions on where to find the blower motor? Is there only one? Is this a quick job I can do in my driveway in like an hour. Much more and I freeze [&:]

Any help is appreciated!

deserthonda 01-23-2006 11:07 PM

get a reman motor from autozone ..and yes there is only 1 motor

Jayson Wonder 01-23-2006 11:32 PM

Where is it located? Is it hard to get at or do need any special tools. If there is a thread on this I can't find it. ANy help is apreciated!

deserthonda 01-24-2006 12:15 AM

it is located rt side under dash, below glove box,, 3 bolts hold it in, remove those and drop it , also unplug connector ,, piece of cake. ;)

Jayson Wonder 01-24-2006 01:07 AM

great, and thank you, i will try to find one tomorrow and install it

Jayson Wonder 01-24-2006 10:31 AM

Ok, this is strange & very odd, but I am happy though.

I woke up this AM and went out in the car and started it up, much to my surprise my heater was working again... Dare I complain??? The commute to the office was warm so that is cool. I am a little concerned about why it could be intermitent like this, may that is electricals natire. I will hold my breath and hope it keps working until at least spring.

Thanks for the tips!