Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Noisy Lifters (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/noisy-lifters-45781/)

tinker 02-24-2012 04:34 PM

Noisy Lifters

I have a 1996 Honda Accord with a v6 2.7. Can the valve lash be adjusted on this engine and is it to difficult to adjust them.

TexasHonda 02-24-2012 07:26 PM

I looked briefly on Autozone and it appears the valves are solid lifters as other Accords and adjustable.

I would suggest purchasing a shop manual to be sure of adjustment procedure and lash settings. Look at Online Manuals post of DIY forum for a download manual or buy a Haynes manual.

good luck

crispin 02-25-2012 08:24 AM

I hear those back 3 are pretty difficult to get to on that car.

It does not effect the car in a negative way to have the valves tick some.

I wouldn't personally worry much about it.

JimBlake 02-28-2012 08:17 AM

Hondas are also known for moderately noisy injectors...?

UhOh 02-28-2012 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by crispin (Post 271258)
It does not effect the car in a negative way to have the valves tick some.

I wouldn't personally worry much about it.

agree

snicrep 12-06-2012 08:30 AM

i bought a shop manual, by chilton and its not worth a crap. doesnt show the 2.7 in detail. i took the valve cover off and cant find the adjustment screws or lock nuts. and ive adj plenty of valves before.

Dr. Drivability 12-06-2012 08:33 AM

valves are not adjustable on this engine...buy a can of Seafoam, dump it in the crankcase, hot lap the car and see if the noise subsides. if it does, drive around for a few days and then change the oil and filter.

snicrep 12-06-2012 11:25 AM

thanks for that mr drive, now thats info that i can use. also one last thing to have to do. As for those online manuals, first of all theres too many"suppliments" i dont know which one to click. Of the 3 sources, one wont give me privleges, the next wont download, and I dont know whats up with spooner tuner. I know I get what I pay for. I did buy a chilton manual from oreilly that was on sale and it is sorely lacking in detail. Ill have to spring for a shop manual.

Dr. Drivability 12-06-2012 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by snicrep (Post 304444)
thanks for that mr drive, now thats info that i can use. also one last thing to have to do. As for those online manuals, first of all theres too many"suppliments" i dont know which one to click. Of the 3 sources, one wont give me privleges, the next wont download, and I dont know whats up with spooner tuner. I know I get what I pay for. I did buy a chilton manual from oreilly that was on sale and it is sorely lacking in detail. Ill have to spring for a shop manual.

typically honda used one manual for several years and the supplements would apply for the differences in models, example: your v6 would be a supplement manual which would only contain the differences between the 4 and 6 cylinders, engine stuff is the most obvious.

TexasHonda 12-06-2012 07:13 PM

Try helminc.com for OEM Honda manual for your engine.

good luck