General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Oil leak after trans rebuilt/ water pump timing belt replaced...vibrate under hood .

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Default RIP- Honda 1997

My 97 Honda was running as smooth as ever after the leak was addressed and all the work I had done last year - trans, water pump,new battery, new lots of things ect. I was loving my car and was hoping to get another 100 K out of it at least...
I appreciate all the advice you guys gave to me on my Baby.
Ug oooh...My parked Honda was hit and totalled a bit ago and I have not been on the site for some time. It was innocently parked on the street- legally parked of course. It was towed- to a shop...storage lot fees added up...
( they could not believe how well I took car of the car given the high miles)-rare to see one look so good- interior was perfect/outside really good except for the wrecked part....very sad about my car and since my car was older I just reduced my coverage...it is a total loss for me...I do not have $3,000 to toss ( all the money I had recently spent on repairs) which is basically what happened. I really missed my Honda this winter- so much snow and my new car is not really a snow car....that is why I had 2 cars really one to tool around in any weather and the other for long trips or evenings out.
I miss the ole girl after 14 years..geez! Can you tell it has been awhile since I have been without her...I guess I am silly but considering the money I put into it, the fun I had on all the trips and just tooling around in it.. so dependable...I never thought you could really have an emotional tie with a car for crying out loud but I did..do whatever...Blah, Blah I am rambling ...14 years is a long time.I am truly Thankful I was not in the car though of course-!

I just had to say Thanks all for your help in the past.

Maybe someday I will get another Honda...in the meantime I am $3000 poorer and Honda-less- so sad I really liked that car! Again though I am truly Thankful I was not in the car though of course-!
A friend of mine said that "The Universe" has spoken because their is no way you ever would have given up that car. It is true, I would have bandaided that car together if I had to someday. Oh well.

Thanks again...

Hmmm maybe Honda..wonder if the will ever make a Honda Accord Convertible...The Fit seems practicale but I don't love the look...maybe I will just get an old Honda when I can if I can...daydreaming here. Ciao!

Old 03-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Vibration could be the counter balance shaft timing off is off
harsh shifts could be non Honda Trans fluid
Oil leak they could have just lifted up the valve cover to get the upper timing belt cover off. Which is not a good practice.