General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0498 07 accord 2.4l

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 08:10 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Ok. Thank you for the help. I guess ill have to replace the vavle. That was my initial plan, but at almost $100, i wanted to be sure that was going to fix the problem. Then when i ohm tested it and it passed, i was like ok well now it wont cost $100 to fix, but its going to be a nightmare to find the electrical problem but will save a bit of money. Would not have been happy if i replaced the vavle then ended up being an electrical problem and wasting the $100 for something that could have been fixed for free - time. So now its back to costing $100 but dont have to tear apart any harnesses. So ill replace the vavle and let everyone know how it goes. At least now if someone else is having the same problem, they will hopefully come across this and know how to properly diagnose the problem. I also got to learn more electrical diag which has always been a weak point of mine. Thanks again, i really appreciate your time and advice.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

I had a failed vent-shut valve on my 1998. I started through the troubleshooting procedure, but decided to run a couple wires, actually from a random 12v battery. The valve didn't click. I suppose I should've measured it's electrical resistance, but since the valve clearly didn't work I never did that.

Out of curiosity I dismantled the valve & found enough corrosion to prevent the plunger from moving.

I know it's been awhile since I did that, but the valve was closer to $50... so shop around.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:33 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Ya unfortunately not for this one. Looks like there may be a couple dif ones for 07 accords, but the cheapest one i could find thats the same as the one in her car is $93. Average is about $135-140, ive seen them up to $180-200.

Old 05-06-2018, 01:24 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Oh man you have got to be kidding me!!! I replaced the cvsv and the damn CEL is still coming right back on after i clear it!! Well its actually not even shutting off after clearing it!! This is bull$#!+. I went through the diagnosis properly instead of just throwing parts at it and its still not fixed!!

Old 05-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Bad valve?

Old 05-12-2018, 12:19 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I guess its possible the new one is bad. Its a dorman part which I've never had problems with their parts before.

Unfortunately i had an accident Monday, my dogs got into a fight again but this time wouldnt stop and i got three broken fingers on my right hand (and im a righty), had surgery thursday and have a couple pins in my ring finger. I almost lost 1/4 of my ring finger and the tip of my pinky, the bones completely sheared/broken right off, and my thumb is broken. Luckily surgery went well and all my fingers are still fully intact (minus removing the nails but they will grow back), so it's going to be a while before i can do anything. Unless i can get my brother to listen to me and walk him through testing.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:48 PM
Default What was the result?

Originally Posted by Justin Vaughn
I guess its possible the new one is bad. Its a dorman part which I've never had problems with their parts before.

Unfortunately i had an accident Monday, my dogs got into a fight again but this time wouldnt stop and i got three broken fingers on my right hand (and im a righty), had surgery thursday and have a couple pins in my ring finger. I almost lost 1/4 of my ring finger and the tip of my pinky, the bones completely sheared/broken right off, and my thumb is broken. Luckily surgery went well and all my fingers are still fully intact (minus removing the nails but they will grow back), so it's going to be a while before i can do anything. Unless i can get my brother to listen to me and walk him through testing.
Did you figured our what was the problem?