Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Passenger Power Window Suddenly Stopped Working (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/passenger-power-window-suddenly-stopped-working-50067/)

MyFirstAccord 09-06-2012 09:56 PM

Passenger Power Window Suddenly Stopped Working

I have a question for anyone that could help me out. I just got my first car a few months ago, a 96' Accord EX 2-Door Coupe with a VTEC. I love it dearly, and it's a little rough around the edges but I've been slowly fixing little things here and there.

Anyway, a few days ago I took off both the driver and passenger side door panels. On the driver's side there was a hole in the armrest from the plastic breaking, so I figured I might as well take off the passenger side to reinforce it before it breaks also. So I took them off to fix both of them, and I have had to drive it a few times with the door panels off.

I plugged in the switches so I could put the windows down while I drive, and I noticed that the passenger side window doesn't work anymore, though they worked perfectly before I took the door panels off. It doesn't work from the driver's side switch, or the passenger side switch; doesn't make noise, clicking, nothing while pushing the switches. Driver's side and everything else still works perfectly. Not sure what might be wrong, or even how to troubleshoot it as this is my first car, so I'm kind of new to working on cars.

Sorry for the very long post, but if you read it to this point thank you very much. If anyone has some advice, I'd appreciate hearing your ideas and thoughts.

UhOh 09-07-2012 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by MyFirstAccord (Post 295522)
... so I figured I might as well take off the passenger side to reinforce it before it breaks also.
If anyone has some advice

You'll think I'm poking at you, but not.
In future ... if it's not broken, don't fix it.

MyFirstAccord 09-07-2012 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by UhOh (Post 295538)
You'll think I'm poking at you, but not.
In future ... if it's not broken, don't fix it.

I agree, I usually won't mess with stuff that works fine until it stops working completely, but the way I am repairing the door panels is a long process, and I figured it would be easier to do both at once rather than spend a week on one, and then a few weeks later a week on the other when it finally gave out. Upon taking the Passenger side off (the non-broken panel) I found the plastic under the armrest was cracked and split along the length of the arm rest, so it was only a short matter of time before it fell through also.

redbull-1 09-07-2012 10:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Make sure the main switch on the driver's side master switch was not inadvertently switched off. See attached pics.

MyFirstAccord 09-07-2012 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1 (Post 295550)
Make sure the main switch on the driver's side master switch was not inadvertently switched off. See attached pics.

Thanks a ton Redbull, this was exactly the problem. I feel a bit stupid for not thinking to check this, but I'm glad my window works again! Again, thanks a lot! :D