Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Power window control module 1989 Accord LX (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/power-window-control-module-1989-accord-lx-57458/)

Leonkowal 11-26-2013 11:04 AM

Power window control module 1989 Accord LX

Any ideas on where to purchase a power window control module?
It is locatedin the driver’s side door. Wires coming from the window switches go to the"black box' and then to the window motor/actuator. My driver’s side window would not go up ordown, figuring the motor/ actuator was shot I bought a motor/actuator and thatdidn’t fix the problem. All the other window work. With a lot ofhelp from a friend, he diagnosed the problem to the box. I’ve done some searching online and can’t findanything. On the front of the box itsays Power Window Control 601-0610-001 12V made by United TechnologiesAutomotive.

poorman212 11-26-2013 06:12 PM

IF you are sure the box is bad, bone yard time :)

Just me but I'd recheck the wires in the door jam - inside the "boot" from the body to the door.

I'll guess he tested the inputs/outputs of the switch and then the inputs/outputs from the window module and found the out puts from the module are missing to even go to the window motor????/

bsdubois 11-26-2013 11:02 PM

Power Window master switch unit on Driver's front door

Originally Posted by Leonkowal (Post 336122)
Any ideas on where to purchase a power window control module?
It is locatedin the driver’s side door. Wires coming from the window switches go to the"black box' and then to the window motor/actuator. My driver’s side window would not go up ordown, figuring the motor/ actuator was shot I bought a motor/actuator and thatdidn’t fix the problem. All the other window work. With a lot ofhelp from a friend, he diagnosed the problem to the box. I’ve done some searching online and can’t findanything. On the front of the box itsays Power Window Control 601-0610-001 12V made by United TechnologiesAutomotive.

We had a 1988 Honda Accord LXi four door sedan. The driver's power window was the only window that did not work. I checked with a local salvage yard and picked up a used one for about $30.00. This was in 1996 or 1997. You might be lucky and find one even cheaper at a You Pull if you have on in your area.

I don't remember the under hood fuse box layout from our 1988, however, our 1997 has a fuse for each of the power window motors. They are all 20 amp (red) plugin fuses. I would check there first as it is the easiest fix. The driver's window (left front) is the only switch with the "auto" feature. It is also the window that is used the most. Mine was so bad the plastic holding the switch lever in the switch broke off and the lever came off in my hand.

I found a listing for a new switch unit at Sons Honda at the following url:

SWITCH, POWER WINDOW MASTER. FRONT DOOR LINING (4D) 4DR. 1987 Honda Accord # 35750-SE3-G01, 35750-SE3-A01, 35750-SE5-A01

The list on the part is: $296.42 and their price is 222.31. I could not find a listing on Majestic Honda's site. This maybe an old listing and the part may no longer be available from North American Honda.

Please understand that I have never ordered a part from either online site and I in no way personally endorse them. I added the link for reference only.

Please drop a note if you have any luck or you need additional suggestions. I am a rank amateur, however, I get lucky once and a while and actually fix something that was broken.

Best of luck.

Leonkowal 11-27-2013 06:44 AM

poorman212, the out-puts from the window switch were tested and also the out-puts from the module. Good on the switch and bad on the module.

bsdubois, thank you. I'll be checking at my local junkyards and see if I can find a module.

I'll let you know how it goes.

poorman212 11-28-2013 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Leonkowal (Post 336171)
I'll let you know how it goes.

Please do, we like to know the end of the story.

Leonkowal 03-18-2014 03:14 PM

Sorry it's been awhile, but I did find a module online. Not the exact one I referenced, seems that the one I had was not an OEM, the guy assured me it would work and it did. Windows work and all is good till the next problem.