Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Question about 1992 Honda Accord EX (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/question-about-1992-honda-accord-ex-14973/)

mohammed_q 12-28-2007 08:13 PM

Question about 1992 Honda Accord EX

Hi,

I just recently bought a 92 Honda Accord EX from a private seller. I have had some questions about it, I may decide to post more in the future in this same thread (instead of creating a 100 of em :)).

At the moment, I noticed that the car has a clutch pedal...but its an automatic? it has gears 1, 2, D3, D4, R and P of course. So, is this normal? is this how the stock version is? the clutch pedal is pushed all the way down I think, so you cannot even push it in. I am able to shift to different gears just fine without using the clutch.

I drive my car using D4. If I put the car in gear 1, it only goes to about 60 and thats it, and it makes a lot of noise at gear 1. At D4 its smooth fast and does not make a lot of noise unless I start going real fast.

JohnL 12-28-2007 09:38 PM

RE: Question about 1992 Honda Accord EX

Your car is obviously a hermaphrodite, a very rare mutation.

Sounds likely that the car was originally a manual, but that at some stage it's had an automatic box put in, but they coudn't be bothered getting rid of the original clutch pedal.

60mph sounds pretty good for only 1st gear, I'll bet it's revving like crazy. Do you mean that the transmission is noisy in 1st, or that the engine is?

hondadude 12-28-2007 09:42 PM

sheesh, I'm done ROFLMAO now....did the "private seller" install a TCU and do you have the gear lights in the dash cluster? or are you driving and the trans only shifts by default pressure?
My only guess of the situation is that some Mental Midget stuck an auto trans into a 5speed car. The complete VIN would tell the tale.

Sorry to hear that somebody stuck it to youlike that.

oma93 12-29-2007 03:29 AM

Not menaing to insult you but are you sure it is actually a clutch pedal? These cars have a pedal-like foot rest to the left of the brake pedal.

smaglik 12-29-2007 08:20 AM

that was my question. take a few pics and post em up.

Tony1M 12-29-2007 12:22 PM

I haven't seen the paper yet today, and I know I slept late this morning, so maybe I missed something. Is it April 1st, by any chance?

mohammed_q 12-30-2007 09:44 PM

yea yea rofl.

I mistook the foot rest for a pedal! it looks like one >< lol. But yea, my mistake...its a Automatic :D.

It is funny though, but hey, I am a Noob :P.

nafango2 12-30-2007 10:43 PM

you went 60 in 1st?
thats why it was noisy, you were bouncing off the rev limiter [sm=yikesomg.gif]