Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Radio stays on (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/radio-stays-14768/)

elessar78 12-18-2007 08:23 AM

Radio stays on

So within the past month I've been having this issue with my radio staying on, or the radio display flashing on and off AFTER I turn the car off and take the key out of the ignition. It even happens where I'll come down to my car in the morning, or go back to my car after work and the radio is on.

Anyone have experience with this? Ideas of what could be causing it?

Thanks.

falkore24 12-18-2007 09:34 AM

RE: Radio stays on

Is it a stock radio or after-market? If stock, I'm thinking that the ignition switch may be bad. If after-market, check the wiring.

00AccordLX5spd 12-18-2007 09:36 AM

Is the key coming out of the ignition before it is all the way in the "off" position?

sir_nasty 12-18-2007 05:08 PM

on the 03's doesn't the radio stay on until the door is open? if so perhaps you have a faulty door switch

HondatechAV6 12-18-2007 07:04 PM

no, the 03 shuts the radio off when the key is removed. you have a nice problem there.

i can only see this happening from a bad ignition switch(odd...) or a short to power in the yellow/red wire in the light bulb radio connector (20 pin). it can also be powered from voltage backfeeding from the multiplex.

remove fuse 32 in the underdash fuse box. does it shut off?

if not, you can try and remove each fuse one by one(except the radio fuse - fuse 32 in the underdash fuse box). if the radio shuts off after you remove a certain fuse you found the circuit backfeeding to the radio.

it can go deeper but lets hear what happens after that.

falkore24 12-19-2007 11:10 AM

Slow down guys ..... elessar78, is this the original radio???

HondatechAV6 12-19-2007 08:03 PM

next, remove the passenger air bag and jump the two srs wires, does the drivers air bag deploy? if not, bang on the srs control unit. if it deploys now, remove the steering column and install a psx pad. verify steering works properly and vibration feature activates over bumps!

good luck!

falkore24 12-20-2007 09:27 AM

What?!?!?

deserthonda 12-20-2007 09:40 AM

ORIGINAL: HondatechAV6

next, remove the passenger air bag and jump the two srs wires, does the drivers air bag deploy? if not, bang on the srs control unit. if it deploys now, remove the steering column and install a psx pad. verify steering works properly and vibration feature activates over bumps!

good luck!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........Yo hondatech my friend too much to drink at the xmas party ??? ;)

I would not do as Hondatech reccomended ,, he might have this post mixed up with another one..

HondatechAV6 12-20-2007 08:53 PM

just a joke[8D] but i'd like to try steering my car with a psx pad!