Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Recommendations on where to get replacement parts? EGR value kit and side mirror (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/recommendations-where-get-replacement-parts-egr-value-kit-side-mirror-33852/)

ender 07-28-2010 11:36 AM

Recommendations on where to get replacement parts? EGR value kit and side mirror

I have a 2000 Honda Accord EX v6 ... been putting off fixing those two issues and the wife is going to kill me if I don't start on it.

I'm a complete car virgin, so please bear with me.

1. Any recommendations on where I get the replacement parts? I need to get the EGR port value kit thingy and a side mirror replacement.

The EGR port is for the known issue with the recall, I missed the recall and now the dealer won't fix it for free. I did some reading and it seems like the best bet is to get the kit.

The side mirror, well, let's just say the somehow a bball accidentally bounce on the side mirror just on the right spot and basically broke it off :) oops.

2. Any instructions on how to fix either issue? I saw the EGR post on the DIY forum, but someone replied saying the attached instructions were way old, are there updated ones? And also if anyone has the instructions for replacing the side mirror.

Much appreciated guys, and thanks in adv!

deserthonda 07-28-2010 02:09 PM

do the EGR as per bulletin written on our DIY section for v6 accords

ender 07-28-2010 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by deserthonda (Post 211165)
do the EGR as per bulletin written on our DIY section for v6 accords

Thanks - any suggestions for a place to get the kit and the side mirror?

deserthonda 07-28-2010 06:52 PM

Dealer,,,,,,try online majestic Honda , might be cheaper than local dealer

EGR KIT,,06175-P8C-A01 dealer cost should be around $ 125-130 + tx ,, that also includes the EGR valve ,,

kingofudupi 07-28-2010 09:33 PM

Wow, I found a person with same car and same problem..

Btw do you mind if I ask you where you from? Me MI!

ender 07-29-2010 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by kingofudupi (Post 211224)
Wow, I found a person with same car and same problem..

Btw do you mind if I ask you where you from? Me MI!

haha, I'm from the bay area in northern california, you? if you're around the area, it might be a good idea to fix our cars together! :)

kingofudupi 07-30-2010 12:40 AM

Oh!! Im in MI.. the other extreme end..

In any case if you happen to do it early do take some pictures.. :)

00AccordLX5spd 07-30-2010 03:24 PM

Majestic Honda is usually cheaper than the dealers near me. You have to take into account the shipping & handling fees though. Sometimes you will break even just buying the part from a dealer. I'd call a few dealers, then check majestic honda's website and compare the prices.