General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weak horn

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Default Weak horn

I can't believe how wimpy the horn is on my new 2015!!!! I really don't want to go the air horn route, nor do I want to void my warranty! If I have to rewire or add wires, I would rather not. I was researching Hella and it seems they are about 8 - 10 decibels louder than OE but rewiring or adding sounds for sure. I'm also not sure about their sound? I want something that sounds like a typical US made car or truck (if you know what I mean), not something tingy or winey. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice?
Thanks!

Old 08-12-2015, 11:53 AM

one of the best and easiest upgrades i did for mine.

Sports Horn Kit (pair) - DL163 - College Hills Honda

Old 08-12-2015, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by berrnard
one of the best and easiest upgrades i did for mine.

Thanks berrnard. LIKE YOUR AVATAR!

So I see they are plug and play. Was it really that easy, are you impressed with the sound and is it completely different, and have you had any electrical gremlins associated with this change or maybe any other issues?

Old 08-13-2015, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Biffy44
Thanks berrnard. LIKE YOUR AVATAR!

So I see they are plug and play. Was it really that easy, are you impressed with the sound and is it completely different, and have you had any electrical gremlins associated with this change or maybe any other issues?
nope, super easy. just pnp, about a 10min swap. and i think they look cool cause you can see the thro the grill also.

Old 08-13-2015, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by berrnard
nope, super easy. just pnp, about a 10min swap. and i think they look cool cause you can see the thro the grill also.
I will give them a try. Thanks again!

Old 08-14-2015, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

yes! i too want to add this to the list of mods.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:22 PM

I did this same horn upgrade, purchased from College Hills Honda, reasonably priced, shipped fast... easy plug & play installation... sounds so much better than factory. I recommend it

Old 08-15-2015, 12:34 PM

I agree fast shipping!!!! They got them to me in 2 days. AWESOME!!! I just installed them and what a difference over the stock "beep" and that is being gracious

Anyway, I watched the video on College Hills site for installation just to make sure I wouldn't miss anything. I read the very brief installation instructions and followed them almost to the exact word. I put some dielectric grease in the connector since it was open. Below is what I did do because I couldn't see where they were mounted nor the reason for them:

I removed the "cover" that was part of a bracket that resided over the exit hole of the horn. Did I do wrong here and with the dielectric grease addition?

The installation was a breeze! Thanks to all for their suggestion of this item and I look to your feedback to my modifications to my installation.

Old 08-15-2015, 03:48 PM

"Did I do wrong here and with the dielectric grease addition?"

I wouldn't think that should be a problem, may even benefit as a moisture barrier. As long as the horns are working to your satisfaction... you're good as gold

Enjoy

Old 08-15-2015, 04:54 PM

grease is not needed at all, but whatever floats your boat. worst case, the brackets need a little sanding/scraping for a good ground contact.

Quick Reply: Weak horn