Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Replaced Coolant Hose, now won't start (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/replaced-coolant-hose-now-wont-start-49995/)

Strike700 09-03-2012 06:17 PM

Replaced Coolant Hose, now won't start

Howdy all,

So i have this 95 honda accord lx that blew a coolant hose off the back end. I replaced the hose and had a mechanic vaccum check it and it tested fine so i refilled with coolant. The mechanic also washed all the coolant off the engine with a hose he says. It started up seemingly okay but would bog when i tried to rev it up from idle. This went on for a while, but now i doesn't want to start at all. It is getting spark at the plugs and I'm hesitating to think its fuel systems since it should be related to my problem from before yes? But it does act like its not getting fuel.

Do you guys have ideas on what i should check first?

Thanks

PAhonda 09-03-2012 06:24 PM

Check for engine codes. Go to the common diy thread on top of the gen tech help forum, and open the link describing how to check for codes. Let us know what codes you got, if any.

Strike700 09-03-2012 07:57 PM

Okay so i Jumpered that blue connector under the glove box. cherck engine light flashes once off quickly right when turning the key on, so code 1?

the SRS light goes on for 10 seconds then flashes off then on again and stays on. is that code 10 or 20?

Thanks, also oopsed, its a 96 not a 95.

Strike700 09-03-2012 07:59 PM

Also managed to get it started after about 3 10-second cranking sessions.

Same thing, idles fine but bogs when trying to rev, seems to get worse as it gets warmer. Though still runs strong once revved up a little till you bring it back to idle.

TexasHonda 09-03-2012 08:47 PM

Suggest checking inside of distributor cap for excess moisture.

Also replacing the lower hose, it may be possible to disturb the distributor ground connection which connects near the lower hose engine side. Check wire and connection.

Did car overheat badly?

good luck

Strike700 09-03-2012 08:50 PM

When the hose blew, they shut it off, then they filled the coolant and ran it til it the guage went red, then shut it off. then tried to start it unsuccesfully for quite a while.

basket_case 09-03-2012 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Strike700 (Post 295240)
When the hose blew, they shut it off, then they filled the coolant and ran it til it the guage went red, then shut it off. then tried to start it unsuccesfully for quite a while.

When you checked for spark, did you check at one plug or all plugs? If only one, I would remove them all and check for water in the cylinder. Also, look in each cylinder with each piston at TDC and see if it's shiny or dull. Aluminum heads and overheating don't go very well together. I just went through this with my Accord, although I didn't get the chance to overheat it. I just was lucky enough to buy it right before the head gasket went out. I suspect the previous owner overheated it.