Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Seat Belt "Beeping" (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/seat-belt-beeping-29754/)

dgp1961 12-21-2009 06:16 AM

Seat Belt "Beeping"

Is there an easy way to turn off the beeping in a 2009 Accord EXL when the seat belt is not fastened? I use them ALL the time when driving but sometimes I just want to shoot to the other side of the neighborhood, literally and I do not bother with it but hate the noise. Besides, I know their a smart thing to use but I want to decide myself if I want to use them and not let the car yell at me because of it:D
Disclaimer - if there's a way to do it I will not sue anybody if I end up kissing the dashboard in an accident. :rolleyes:

finch13 12-21-2009 10:22 AM

Try to track down some seat belts from a totaled 8th gen. Cut the buckles off and use those to close the seat belt circuit.

zingr 12-22-2009 07:12 AM

its not officially recommended but you could just lock the seat belts and sit over it

dgp1961 12-22-2009 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by zingr (Post 191481)
its not officially recommended but you could just lock the seat belts and sit over it

Yeah tried that but their still in the way a little. I just do not like having to buckle them everytime, I like making the choice for better or worse. Like I said I do highly recommend them but that's not the point I'm trying to make. I thought about the buckle option, guess I need to persue finding one.

mcnoople 12-22-2009 03:21 PM

If it is just you in the car the passenger belt should reach and plug into the drivers buckle.

EXV6NIGHTHAWK 12-22-2009 06:30 PM

Buckle your seatbelt. Most accidents happen close to home. If you are going to spend the energy buckling the spare buckle or the passenger side buckle, you may as well buckle the correct one. I learned to wear my seatbelt, you can too. My $.02

dgp1961 12-23-2009 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by EXV6NIGHTHAWK (Post 191534)
Buckle your seatbelt. Most accidents happen close to home. If you are going to spend the energy buckling the spare buckle or the passenger side buckle, you may as well buckle the correct one. I learned to wear my seatbelt, you can too. My $.02

Again...I do...Always...I was just wondering 1) well just because I was wondering if there's a way to shut it off and 2) like I said quite often I literally drive to the other side of the neighborhood and at a speed of 3 or 4 MPH.

JimBlake 12-23-2009 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by dgp1961 (Post 191546)
... like I said quite often I literally drive to the other side of the neighborhood and at a speed of 3 or 4 MPH.

The only 2 collisions my dad was in were close.
1 - exactly 1/2-block away from the house
2 - turning into his driveway
Neither one was his fault.

dgp1961 12-23-2009 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by JimBlake (Post 191549)
The only 2 collisions my dad was in were close.
1 - exactly 1/2-block away from the house
2 - turning into his driveway
Neither one was his fault.

Geez...ok, ok, you've successfully beat me down! Forget I asked, I'll buckle up. :eek::D:eek::D

JimBlake 12-23-2009 06:52 AM

aHA - SUCCESS in beating down a new member of the forum! HAHAHAHAHahaha...

Well, OK, sorry about that. It's just that we get enough thinly-disguised questions about how to hot-wire a Honda, maybe our suspicions are extra sensitive. Or we're just jaded.

Don't hate us for it, this is still a good forum for help in fixing cars that are actually broken.