Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Seat Covers Recommendation ? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/seat-covers-recommendation-66445/)

hmr 01-20-2019 11:54 AM

Seat Covers Recommendation ?

I own a 2000 Honda Accord EX sedan, A/T, 4 cylinder. Beige leather interior. I live in Southern Cal. My two front seats are badly worn and need to be covered. Can anybody recommend a retailer in my area with seat covers that fit my car ? Front seats only. Thanks much for any suggestions !

shipo 01-20-2019 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by hmr (Post 383862)
I own a 2000 Honda Accord EX sedan, A/T, 4 cylinder. Beige leather interior. I live in Southern Cal. My two front seats are badly worn and need to be covered. Can anybody recommend a retailer in my area with seat covers that fit my car ? Front seats only. Thanks much for any suggestions !

Personally I think seat covers suck; if nothing else they look like crap. Have you considered getting your seats reskinned? These folks make a complete set of skins for your car; the price is $949 for both rows of seats, I expect you can buy just the front row.

EXV6NIGHTHAWK 01-20-2019 03:20 PM

I don't have anything against "good quality" seat covers, that are designed for your particular car, and compatible with the seat air bags. A decent set of front covers will probably be $200 or more. Don't buy seat covers from Walmart or auto parts stores IMO. I took the seats out of the car so I could really tighten the seat covers onto the seats.

hmr 01-20-2019 06:04 PM

That brings up another concern. My car has side airbags. The side airbag in the driver's seat is partially exposed. Is that safe ? Also, if you cover the seat wouldn't that block the side airbag ? Thanks in advance for your reply.

dgp1961 01-21-2019 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by hmr (Post 383865)
That brings up another concern. My car has side airbags. The side airbag in the driver's seat is partially exposed. Is that safe ? Also, if you cover the seat wouldn't that block the side airbag ? Thanks in advance for your reply.

You may have an issue buying "universal" covers from Wally Mart stick to a better quality cover from a company who specializes in them. I just bought a rear seat cover for my '18 4Runner and it's "custom fit" and they mention and account for any and all airbags. I haven't covered the seat yet.

shipo 01-21-2019 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by hmr (Post 383865)

I'm thinking you'll be far better served by spending a few hundred extra for a new set of skins designed specifically for your car, complete with airbag compliant assembly.

EXV6NIGHTHAWK 01-22-2019 09:33 PM

Pretty much any seat cover you buy will be air bag compliant. Search for seat covers that are custom fit for your car. Websites such as JC Whitney, Cover Craft, Amazon, etc. sell custom fit seat covers.

colm714 01-30-2020 04:52 PM

I bought from

INCH EMPIRE Car Seat Cover

not any were they a perfect fit but I can tell the difference between my old leather seats and their leatherette . They are not as hot and people think my 2000 Honda Accord EX SOHC V6 Engine looks new. Have a look on Amazon you won't regret it, they were abit pricey but "you get what you pay for.