General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

SRS Light

Old 11-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Default SRS Light

My 2000 V6 Accord's SRS light just came on after I released the seatbelt and is staying on. I have front and side airbags. I remember a number of years ago the light was on and the dealer replaced the seatbelt for the remedy which I believe was a TSB. My question is, will the dealer let me know what the problem is without charging me? and if I leave the light on, is it jeapardizing the airbag system? Is there anyway of resetting the light or is it done by the dealer? If it's a TSB that he won't do for gratis, is it an expensive fix? Thanks all.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: SRS Light

in the DIY section is a thread on how to pull codes ..... I think it's the same as CEL codes. Look there.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:05 PM

differwent things could make the SRS lite come on,, needs to be diagnosed to know what the issue is,,
Depending on what it is . warranty will cover it

Old 11-27-2007, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

differwent things could make the SRS lite come on,, needs to be diagnosed to know what the issue is,,
Depending on what it is . warranty will cover it
I have a 2000 Accord and am out of warranty...[&o]

Old 11-27-2007, 05:11 PM

the SRS warrantee is lifetime I believe

Old 11-27-2007, 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

the SRS warrantee is lifetime I believe
That would be great! Can anyone confirm that?

Old 11-27-2007, 05:51 PM

that's always been my understanding of it, a dealer can confirm that more easily.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

that's always been my understanding of it, a dealer can confirm that more easily.
You are correct. I was just able to confirm this on another site. A number of Honda owners had it repaired. I won't mention the name of the site as not to violate any forum rules here. All SRS light issues must be addressed and repairedat no cost to the owner. Thanks all. I will update once it is repaired.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:28 AM

Just got off the phone with Honda. I've been using the same service writer for the last 8 years. He said that if the part is not covered by Honda, there will be a $93 diagnostic fee to tell the customer what is wrong. This sounds pretty stupid considering we are talking about a gamble of a possible $93 plus whatever for the fix. I'd rather look at the stupid light forever than have to go that route. Is there a Honda consumer affairs that can give me a heads up on this? Does this sound right? I've read about numerous owners who have gotten this taken care of for free. I've already gotten the seatbelt thingy done over 4 years ago under warranty.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:09 AM

The continuing saga for the SRS light............Spoke to American Honda Consumer Affairs. They confirmed that my car is covered under the 10 year extension warranty for the OPDS sensor and unit. If the diagnostic comes up with a code for that unit there will be no charge for anything including the diagnostic charge. If another code, it's up to the dealershipto have adiagnostic charge or not............however, the owner can apply for a refund for that daignostic charge to Honda consumer affairs. There are a zillion cars that have this SRS problem from 2000-2004 with various Honda models. They had so many complaints they decided to extend the warranty to 10 years or 150,000 miles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SRS Light