General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Light is going to be the death of me!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Default Sport Light is going to be the death of me!

okay so here's the deal. I have a 1990 honda accord that is my little beater car till i can fix my truck. now the car is crapped out on me. The passenger side cv axle was popping when i turned so i threw a new one in there and it was fine, week or so later speedo was acting up, threw in a new sensor. Now the S light flashes and the car struggles to move and just acts like it shifts into neutral when i drive down the road. Hooked up the plug on the passenger side to get a shift solenoid A code. Replaced them, (of course a and b come in 1 unit) then got both shift solenoid a&b codes along with shift solenoid lock out codes. Replaced the lock out solenoids. Same thing. Sent the tcm out to get rebuilt. tcm was gone through and they found no issues with it. So here I am, one step away from fixing the truck and running the car over. Anyone have any clue? And yes i disconnected battery and fuse to reset everything.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Almost A Senior Member

are the plugs for the a and b the same? is it possible they are swapped?

Old 08-12-2014, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Post the trouble code number you currently still have.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:53 PM

Error Code 7. Solenoid A

And no, i actually disconnected the plastic portions of the connectors, pulled out the wired connectors and directly linked them, put tape over them (to prevent shorting on each other or anything, not permanent just for testing)

Old 08-14-2014, 12:57 PM

At this point I'm thinking the wiring harness has to be damaged and shorting somewhere, does anyone know where the solenoid wires link up at plug wise at the tcm? Some of the wires of the same color are doubled on the tcm side. I was thinking about attaching a jumper wire from the solenoid directly to the tcm, and if the lights went out, bam problem solved. But not sure where the wires go in terms of the harness and plug

Old 08-14-2014, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Shift control solenoid valve A wire is Blu/Yel. It runs from the shift control solenoid valves to Connector C106 (a 3-P gray connector located near the lock-up control solenoid valves (front of engine); then through connector C210 (a 14-P gray connector on right side of engine, left of strut tower); and then to the TCM's 26-P connector at pin A5.

If you post pictures of the connectors near the front of the engine/transmission area and the right side, I can show where they are if you can't located the connectors.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:32 PM

my wires on top of the solenoid are green with a black stripe for one solenoid and solid yellow for the other. Not sure of the lock up solenoids cus they havent been an issue

Old 08-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

The shift control solenoid valve wiring shown in Honda's circuit diagrams is Blu/Yel for solenoid valve A and Grn/Wht for solenoid valve B.

I only mentioned the lock-up solenoid, as that is where one of the connectors (C106) that the Blu/Yel wire for the shift control solenoid valve A runs through.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:38 PM

hmm, when i get home ill have to look it over again, but from what i remember the solenoids dont share a connector with the lock ups, they're seperate on my car

Old 08-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

They are separate and don't share a connector; however, the shift control valve solenoid wiring goes to a separate connector near the lock-up solenoid.