Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Tried everything (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/tried-everything-48490/)

jenjustice 06-30-2012 01:25 PM

Tried everything

:confused:I am so lost. I have tried testing all the fuses and replaced the main relay under the driver's side. First I was having problems with my speedometer, and traced that back the a bad VSS. I thought everything was find. However about a month later I was driving home and I lost all my gauges, my power windows and I now have to use my key in the shift lock before I start my car. I have tried everything that I have read and nothing has work. Can someone please help me.

1994 Honda Accord EX

TexasHonda 06-30-2012 02:46 PM

Is everything else OK but the interlock system? Does car start OK? Are guages working now?

Brake light switch can disable shifting if brake light switch is stuck in Off position (open). check brake lights.

Other possibility is misadjusted interlock solenoid. You will have to remove the console cover to access and adjust to allow shifting. It could also be a failed solenoid.

good luck

jenjustice 06-30-2012 03:15 PM

The gauges still do not work. The brake light are fine. I also still do not have any of my windows. However, the car does start and drive perfect, except for this little problem. Can I ask what is the interlock solenoid? And if that is the problem is it an easy fix, I ask cause I am a full time college student doing all this work myself so I do not have a whole lot of time.

TexasHonda 06-30-2012 04:16 PM

Problem suggests fuse failures in the under-dash fuse box. Check fuses 1, 4, 9.

Download the 94-97 Accord manual from Online Manuals links in DIY forum for circuit diagrams and locations of fuse box, fuses.

Do any windows work from master panel or from door panels?

good luck

jenjustice 06-30-2012 04:20 PM

Ok I will check the those fuses. Where is the master panel? I know that the windows do not work from the door panels. Also the sun roof does not open unless I do that manually.

TexasHonda 06-30-2012 04:31 PM

Master panel is the driver's door panel which can control all windows. Make sure master Windows Lock switch is not enabled.

good luck

jenjustice 06-30-2012 04:35 PM

Oh...Nope they do not work from there either, and the master windows lock switch is not enabled. Thanks

PAhonda 06-30-2012 06:54 PM

Does your car have an alarm system installed?

jenjustice 06-30-2012 08:53 PM

The owner before me either used to have one or the tried to install one. I however have not messed with it or have I put one it the car.

PAhonda 06-30-2012 09:02 PM

I would take a look under the dash on the driver's side of the car to the center console.

If an aftermarket alarm system was installed on your car, then it should be pretty obvious, because the Honda wiring is pretty organized and wrapped in the plastic tubes. See if you can find the old alarm system control unit or wires to an old unit. Old wires that are zip-tied, etc are a dead giveaway.