General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Ticking noise

Old 03-13-2007, 03:29 AM
walker
Unregistered
Default Ticking noise

Hello all,

I hope you guys can help me. I'm an owner of a 2002 honda accord ex v6 and lately I have been hearing this ticking noise on the right side of my car when I accelerate. As I accelerate faster, the ticking noise also ticks faster. You can hear this noise outside of the car as I am driving. When I cold start the car in the morning, the ticking noise is loud, but as the car warms up, it becomes softer, but still there. I don't know where it is coming from and I was hoping someone may have also experienced this. If you have any suggestion on what is causing this, I would really appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 03-13-2007, 04:17 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Ticking noise

how often do you change the oil and filter ?? noise coming from engine area ? is noise on while engine is at idle ? could be sticking Hydraulic lifters ..

Old 03-14-2007, 04:43 PM
walker
Unregistered

Thanks for the reply. I actually had my oil and filter changed 4 months ago and have driven about 1300 miles since. The noise sounds like it is coming from the back or near the gas pump area. The noise does not come on while the car is idle, but only when I start accelerating. The car appears to be driving fine and I'm hoping it is not something serious.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

One of the solenoid valves in the EVAP system??? Those live under the car, roughly underneath the left-rear seat but sometimes noise travels funny.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:09 PM

Is it coming from the rear of the car? if so a common issue is a nail/tack/rock stuck in the tread.... drive forward slowly and have someone inspect the tire all around while you're moving to make sure nothing is stuck in there, if you know specifically which side it's from then you could also jack up that side and remove the tire, if you can't find anything wrong with the tire then throw the spare on and drive around, if the noise is still there I'd suspect a wheel bearing, try rotating the tire by hand when it's jacked up and see if the noise persists....