Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   what is this? (89 honda accord) (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/what-89-honda-accord-45428/)

marymiller29406 02-08-2012 07:00 AM

what is this? (89 honda accord)

1 Attachment(s)
hey guys im a dingy female and i have NO idea what this is but i do know when i turn my car on water just starts PORING out of it and my car over heats. Anyone who can help me id greatly appreciate it. I do know its on the right side of the engine.

Attachment 18631thanks again guys.:confused::confused: (sorry its a crappy picture hopefully yall can see what i circled... its dark red)

crispin 02-08-2012 07:24 AM

can you take a picture from a little farther away? it is hard to understand the location of what you circled.
That looks like a high pressure fitting for your A/C system which does not have coolant in it so that cannot be right.
Please try not to overheat your car as it is very bad for the motor and can be very costly to repair.

marymiller29406 02-08-2012 07:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by crispin (Post 269197)
can you take a picture from a little farther away? it is hard to understand the location of what you circled.
That looks like a high pressure fitting for your A/C system which does not have coolant in it so that cannot be right.
Please try not to overheat your car as it is very bad for the motor and can be very costly to repair.

Hopefully this picture is better :/. Yes i am not even driving my car due to it over heating. I circled it in yellow. that is the area i see all the water pouring out of. Attachment 18630

marymiller29406 02-08-2012 08:32 AM

is this my egr valve? and if so why is it pouring water from under it?

hondadude 02-08-2012 02:54 PM

That part you circled is the exhaust feed tube that goes to the EGR valve.
The leak is probably one of the transfer hoses under that fitting. There is also a waterpump feed pipe under there.
You need to watch closely in that area while someone starts the car briefly.

marymiller29406 02-09-2012 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by hondadude (Post 269255)
The leak is probably one of the transfer hoses under that fitting. There is also a waterpump feed pipe under there.

Yes i can see that the water is coming from under it... and thank you so much for telling me about the hoses under it bc i just knew i was gonna have to buy a new egr valve :( i will defiantly check that out... thanks again

Tyler Joyce 05-03-2012 11:59 AM

Yea your EGR valve has nothing to do with water in any way shape or form.

WheelBrokerAng 05-04-2012 02:06 AM

Good Call Bill

Originally Posted by hondadude (Post 269255)

You got that one right...Good call :)

WheelBrokerAng