Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   wierd noise w/ 08 Accord Sedan (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/wierd-noise-w-08-accord-sedan-15688/)

stevepasq 01-25-2008 10:44 AM

wierd noise w/ 08 Accord Sedan

Hello,

I've had my 08 Accord Sedan for just over a month. After about two weeks I have noticed that when I initially hit the gas from a stopped position or if I am going relatively slow and hit the gas to speed up my car makes a strange creeking sound. It sounds like it is coming from the front driver side. It's hard to tell if it's the door or somewhere in the front end. I don't know if it's because it's cold out or there really is something wrong. I know next to nothing about cars so any help/opinions would be great. I would really like to avoid taking it back to the dealer becuase I know they will say nothing is wrong.

sir_nasty 01-25-2008 11:18 AM

RE: wierd noise w/ 08 Accord Sedan

If it's cold there it could very easily be one of the rubber insulators (bushings as they are called, they seperate different metal pieces via a layer of rubber to minimize impact and make things more smooth). When they are cold they are more prone to squeeking since the rubber gets a bit harder. This may or may not be the issue but even if the dealer is going to tell you nothing is wrong I'd still have it taken in and looked at so there is a service record in case something major comes up as a result of it.

Does that make sense? I'm not saying that's the issue since troubleshooting sounds over the internet is close to impossible but just a suggestion for what's going on... Has it done it ever since you bought the car?

Welcome to the forum!

stevepasq 01-25-2008 11:48 AM

Thanks for the reply. What you are saying makes sense. The only thing is it's not a squeeking noise it's more of a creeking noise. It's similar as if you were walking on a hardwood floor and one of the boards makes a creeking noise. That's the best comparison I can give. I don' think it was making this noise from day one. I noticed it after about two weeks.

sir_nasty 01-25-2008 11:52 AM

It could still be a bushing but it's really hard to say... It could be something as simple as the door creaking, one thing to try is to hold the door closed tight with your hand when you take off and see if that makes a difference. Have you had any passengers notice the noise?

stevepasq 01-25-2008 12:00 PM

That's not a bad idea with the door. I'll try that when I leave work. It doesn't always make the noise but most of the time. My girlfriend is in the car all the time and she has noticed it too. It's one of those things I would overlook if the car was 3 years old because its normal for cars to make noises when they get older butafter just 1 month is kind of annoying.

Chiovnidca 01-25-2008 09:40 PM

Take it to the dealer.

HondatechAV6 01-26-2008 10:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Chiovnidca

Take it to the dealer.
you fool! don't tell him that! squeaks and rattles...grrr.......[8D]

Chiovnidca 01-26-2008 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: HondatechAV6

ORIGINAL: Chiovnidca

Take it to the dealer.
you fool! don't tell him that! squeaks and rattles...grrr.......[8D]
Hahaha, i figure there not much chance he from my area. And if he is there's a only a one in six chance he'll pick my dealership. Then a one in 12 chance i get to work on it.

So I expect to be looking at it first thing monday morning. :)

HondatechAV6 01-26-2008 08:15 PM

i sure hope so....

"take it to the dealer"

heheheh

Jim41 01-27-2008 08:07 AM

Steve, I have the same exact noise coming from my 08 EX. Noticed mine after first week of ownership. I already tried the door thing and it doesn't work. But, I do believe it is related to the cold weather as I don't notice it as it warms up. I live in San Antonio and it can be mid 30's in the morning and mid 70's by afternoon. I also noticed as I break the car in, it doesn't seem to do as much. I will keep a good ear on it this week and see whats up and let you know:)